The Student Room Group

Mazars Virtual Assessment Centre 2021

Hi all

I have passed the telephone interview for Risk Consultingand have been invited to the virtual assessment centre.

I am curious as to what I should expect and prepare for and also general hints and tips on the experience overall!

Thanks
Hi,

I know this was posted a while ago but I have an assessment centre coming up soon and I am super anxious for it.

Would you be able to provide me with some insight into what to expect alongside any advice on how to succeed? :smile:

Please also let me know if you went on to work for Mazars and if so how you are finding it!

Original post by fergfrom3
Hi,

I know this was posted a while ago but I have an assessment centre coming up soon and I am super anxious for it.

Would you be able to provide me with some insight into what to expect alongside any advice on how to succeed? :smile:

Please also let me know if you went on to work for Mazars and if so how you are finding it!

Hi,

Not sure if you've had your assessment centre yet but I hope this helps.
This thread has a lot of good advice, I had my AC on the 16th November and found this helpful, along with glassdoor Mazars
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6470630
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7028655

I wrote this as a reply to another thread:

It's from 9-2:30; you have the written case study ( worth looking into how to structure your answers effectively, right kind of tone, keeping it concise etc), you'll then either have the group exercise or interview. There's not really much to prepare for the group exercise but actively contribute and listen to show you're a team player - offer to keep time and regularly let your team know when your half way through, one minute left, etc or say things like maybe we should start with this and move onto this but don't dominate. Don't shy away from presenting and when the examiners ask questions put yourself forward to answer, it doesn't necessarily have to be right it just shows you have initiative.

For the presentation + interview, practice delivery and if the content is relevant & not going off topic- make sure you understand the topic so you can answer follow up questions as well. My interview was quite conversational where there'd be follow up questions to what I said compared to the telephone interview where it was more answer the question and move to the next so you're really put at ease. Practice aloud responses to competency, motivational, strengths questions. Also have questions to ask at the end as it shows you're interested. Know the company, industry challenges and why you really want to be in this role, firm and do the exams

There'll also be a q&a session with current trainees, make sure to ask a few questions even if you know the answer from research. They say you don't get examined on that part but I'm sure there's some kinda feedback shared. The online tests will be a repeat of what you've done just make sure you practice a good balance between speed and accuracy. Also you will be allowed to take notes so make sure to write stuff down you think would be helpful in the exercises as the final slide they leave it on doesn't always have the background info, (sorry if that doesn't really make sense, not quite sure how to explain it) Hope that helps
Reply 3
Hi. please could you private message me so I can speak about this? Unfortunately I don't have the ability to private message but would love to be able to talk to you to find out more about the AC
Original post by druigval23
Hi,

Not sure if you've had your assessment centre yet but I hope this helps.
This thread has a lot of good advice, I had my AC on the 16th November and found this helpful, along with glassdoor Mazars
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6470630
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7028655

I wrote this as a reply to another thread:

It's from 9-2:30; you have the written case study ( worth looking into how to structure your answers effectively, right kind of tone, keeping it concise etc), you'll then either have the group exercise or interview. There's not really much to prepare for the group exercise but actively contribute and listen to show you're a team player - offer to keep time and regularly let your team know when your half way through, one minute left, etc or say things like maybe we should start with this and move onto this but don't dominate. Don't shy away from presenting and when the examiners ask questions put yourself forward to answer, it doesn't necessarily have to be right it just shows you have initiative.

For the presentation + interview, practice delivery and if the content is relevant & not going off topic- make sure you understand the topic so you can answer follow up questions as well. My interview was quite conversational where there'd be follow up questions to what I said compared to the telephone interview where it was more answer the question and move to the next so you're really put at ease. Practice aloud responses to competency, motivational, strengths questions. Also have questions to ask at the end as it shows you're interested. Know the company, industry challenges and why you really want to be in this role, firm and do the exams

There'll also be a q&a session with current trainees, make sure to ask a few questions even if you know the answer from research. They say you don't get examined on that part but I'm sure there's some kinda feedback shared. The online tests will be a repeat of what you've done just make sure you practice a good balance between speed and accuracy. Also you will be allowed to take notes so make sure to write stuff down you think would be helpful in the exercises as the final slide they leave it on doesn't always have the background info, (sorry if that doesn't really make sense, not quite sure how to explain it) Hope that helps
Hi guys I’ve applied for the Mazars risk consulting graduate scheme for September 2024 role. I’ve done my telephone interview and have been invited to the assessment centre but I haven’t heard back since. It’s been roughly 11 days so I was wondering if anyone has an assessment centre date for 2024 entry and if I should email them asking for an update in regards to an assessment centre date. Also I was wondering how best to prepare for the ac and what types of questions come up. Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by jajenenwnaan
Hi guys I’ve applied for the Mazars risk consulting graduate scheme for September 2024 role. I’ve done my telephone interview and have been invited to the assessment centre but I haven’t heard back since. It’s been roughly 11 days so I was wondering if anyone has an assessment centre date for 2024 entry and if I should email them asking for an update in regards to an assessment centre date. Also I was wondering how best to prepare for the ac and what types of questions come up. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey
I have been invited to an assessment centre as well. Do you have any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending