Please give me advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have always been kind to every person in my school I am known as the kindest in my group. But with that I find it hard to talk to boys the way my friends easily do and often I'm left to the side and people don't sometimes know my name, its so embarrassing especially in front of my friends (when everyone knows them). I try so hard and it's always so awkward when my friends are talking to boys and i try to join in and they just look at me like what have you just said, when i say something stupid. The thing with them is most of the time they are amazing friends but they are boy crazy and i want to talk to boys too. I wish i was more confident and better looking. I hate it and the the other day this boy in my school (whilst sat down in front of alllll my friends) said shut up no one even likes you. Then said he was joking bc everyone looked at him but then later said that it was the truth about me. I tried so hard to ignore it but it was embarrassing i felt like crying and i felt my face going red, but i tried to brush it off like it was nothing, until i went home and broke down and even worse when i was on call with my friends later my friend mentioned it again to my other friends who weren't there and there was an awkward silence (i wanted a hole to swallow me up). Why can't i be better i put myself out there. I honestly try and my friends are constantly like you should talk to boys more bc u seem bored when we talk to them and ur just stood there silent. The thing is that im fine with girls and making friends even then sometimes im a little bit awkward (not really tho). I wouldnt say i am a loner at all in fact im friends with a lotttt of girls in my school but it just upsets me. No boy has ever had a crush on me they way my friends talk about it. Im the only one and i wish i could be pretty and confident and talented. I worry about people not knowing my name and only my friends etc. Idk what to do.
moeezstrm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
aight so the dude who said 'no one likes you' is a jerk. no one should say that

also what is your age if you don't mind me asking? i can't rlly help you if i don't know your age
Last edited by moeezstrm; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What a bunch of ********s. If I were you I wouldn't bother talking to them and being “kind” to them. Just leave them alone and talk, engage with the ones you feel comfortable with.
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A technique i have used on someone that makes an insulting, demeaning remark like you report, is to look at them for a second, and then start laughing. I then shake my head as if i can't believe that they were stupid enough to say something like that, and walk off - still laughing. Some of the people there will wonder "What is he/she laughing about"??? They will wonder if they have missed something. The insulting twit that abused you will feel less confident too. Best of luck!!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
My advice would be to stop trolling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
15.79%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (60)
31.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (22)
11.58%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (10)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (49)
25.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.58%

Watched Threads