danielzaza
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, i will be attending QMU in Sept as an International student (Canada) and just wanted to know if any of you have applied to QMU for Physiotherapy and if you anyone has received an offer/accepted to go there/waitlisted. Want to get to know the people who i will be studying with!
danielzaza
Rep:
?
Hey there,

Mine was unconditional. How about yours?
Cal_Thomo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danielzaza)
Hey guys, i will be attending QMU in Sept as an International student (Canada) and just wanted to know if any of you have applied to QMU for Physiotherapy and if you anyone has received an offer/accepted to go there/waitlisted. Want to get to know the people who i will be studying with!
Hey, I've accepted an offer for the Sept intake at QMU (I'm still waiting to hear from GCU for Jan start but I'm keen to get started asap so QMU looks the more attractive option). Did you attend the online offer holder session a couple months back? I'm actually Scottish but looks like they'll be a nice mix of home and international students - I think the Sept cohort is also a smaller group (around 25) compared with Jan.

When do you plan to move over? Our induction is the 6th so I'm planning to move the week before. I've lived in Edinburgh before so DM me if you want to know anything about the city or good areas to stay.
danielzaza
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cal_Thomo)
Hey, I've accepted an offer for the Sept intake at QMU (I'm still waiting to hear from GCU for Jan start but I'm keen to get started asap so QMU looks the more attractive option). Did you attend the online offer holder session a couple months back? I'm actually Scottish but looks like they'll be a nice mix of home and international students - I think the Sept cohort is also a smaller group (around 25) compared with Jan.

When do you plan to move over? Our induction is the 6th so I'm planning to move the week before. I've lived in Edinburgh before so DM me if you want to know anything about the city or good areas to stay.
Hey there! I did attend the holders meeting and the q&a program specific meeting on zoom. I knew the Sept cohort was small but 25 is quite small, whats the usual size (January intake)? Im hoping to be there Sept 1st, and just got started on the Visa process. Next step would be finding a place to live as i dont think i will be on accommodation.
Cal_Thomo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by danielzaza)
Hey there! I did attend the holders meeting and the q&a program specific meeting on zoom. I knew the Sept cohort was small but 25 is quite small, whats the usual size (January intake)? Im hoping to be there Sept 1st, and just got started on the Visa process. Next step would be finding a place to live as i dont think i will be on accommodation.
They had another holders session on Monday and it was mentioned they intend to have around 25 in Sept vs 50 in Jan. Numbers might change slightly based on how they allocate remaining offers to those on the waiting list. It does seem a bit odd to have such a size difference between the two intakes - I think the govt. is funding additional places which I guess must be taking effect come Jan.

Also, there's a FB group called 'Queen Margaret University Postgraduate Offer Holders 2021' (won't let me post the link on here). Might be a good place to get in touch with others. I was thinking of starting a Physio group and posting the link on there.

SpareRoom is a good site to check out when looking for accommodation.
danielzaza
Rep:
?
I saw that facebook group and also wanted to start a group for incoming physio students but it wouldnt let me post. I really want to get in touch with others. Please let me know if you make one!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
14.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.64%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.51%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (63)
26.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise