I feel as if I’m regretting my University choices

Watch
1312ACAB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t know why this is happening. The closer I get to results day the more I want to change uni and change course. Is this possible? I don’t know why but I feel as though I’ll be happier elsewhere and have better prospects with a different uni & course that interests me, even though my firm is good and the course is highly ranked? Is it possible to do this? Would adjustment let me do this?

Any advice would be great, thank you, i’ve just been thinking about this a lot recently.
maxknows888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been in this boat so many times lol, so much so I’m trying to get back an interview for a uni I rejected lolol. It’s absolutely possible and you just need to contact ucas and explain the situation too. You might have to apply through clearing worst case. I guess some advice as a friend would be something I’ve learned recently. Any choice is the right one, there’s so many paths we can go down and take and can never know which is the “right” one because no such thing exists? “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you’ll get” or something along the lines. Thanks Forest Gump. I guess what I’m trying to say is, you can be happy anywhere, it’s what you make of it and sometimes we’re too impatient and want to go for the quick result or “high”.Is it location that you don’t like? Course? Future? Are you being true to your ethics? Is it more about making a difference? Either way, it’s all possible!

Ps; the water is also flowing and changing direction, it’s life! Our taste buds change every 7 years, there’s no fixed route. You got this
Last edited by maxknows888; 1 month ago
1312ACAB
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by maxknows888)
I’ve been in this boat so many times lol, so much so I’m trying to get back an interview for a uni I rejected lolol. It’s absolutely possible and you just need to contact ucas and explain the situation too. You might have to apply through clearing worst case. I guess some advice as a friend would be something I’ve learned recently. Any choice is the right one, there’s so many paths we can go down and take and can never know which is the “right” one because no such thing exists? “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know which one you’ll get” or something along the lines. Thanks Forest Gump. I guess what I’m trying to say is, you can be happy anywhere, it’s what you make of it and sometimes we’re too impatient and want to go for the quick result or “high”.Is it location that you don’t like? Course? Future? Are you being true to your ethics? Is it more about making a difference? Either way, it’s all possible!

Ps; the water is also flowing and changing direction, it’s life! Our taste buds change every 7 years, there’s no fixed route. You got this
oh my god i love that. thank you. i think i sometimes get so caught up in worrying about disappointing my family that I forget there are so many routes to almost anything that, even if it takes a year or two more, i can do it in a way i’ll enjoy.

i think i also get so caught up in what everyone else is doing i fear that i’m not as good as them?? seems stupid but i do.

thank you for clarifying adjustment/clearing, i’m just glad i will have options!!
maxknows888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awe I’m glad I could help! I am literally what you describe so I completely understand! Something that is helping me but I still struggle at times is that it’s my life. If I think I have to do something because of someone else or equally can’t because of them, then that’s a restriction, condition and I guess mental block. Again, your life!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
29.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.16%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
54.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.87%

Watched Threads