The Student Room Group

Is it fetishising to be really attracted to black British women?

I am very attracted to many women like this. It is a mixture of things and it in part comes down to their identity.

A lot of black women (especially those from working backgrounds) have had to overcome class barriers (where racism although more subtle than America is still there), which often results in quite a down to earth mentality, while at the same time many are very proud to be British as well.

I find this combination to be very refreshing. I know it is generalising, but it is at least a positive generalisation.
No, it’s just your preference.
Original post by RelayReplay
I am very attracted to many women like this. It is a mixture of things and it in part comes down to their identity.

A lot of black women (especially those from working backgrounds) have had to overcome class barriers (where racism although more subtle than America is still there), which often results in quite a down to earth mentality, while at the same time many are very proud to be British as well.

I find this combination to be very refreshing. I know it is generalising, but it is at least a positive generalisation.

Honestly I’m black and thats quite sweet I’m not sure if it’s fetishizating tbh, I wouldn’t think so? But someone more educated on the matter might disagree but I personally do not
No.
Selecting potential sexual partners that are most compatible with your specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences, beauty standards and lifestyle values is fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I’m black and thats quite sweet I’m not sure if it’s fetishizating tbh, I wouldn’t think so? But someone more educated on the matter might disagree but I personally do not

I can only speak from anecdotal experience, but many of the black women I have worked with are highly talented, while at the same time they are very self deprecating.

It is a charming combination.
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
No.
Selecting potential sexual partners that are most compatible with your specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences, beauty standards and lifestyle values is fine.

Yeah, I don’t want to be too shallow though. At the moment, most of my effort is going into getting myself physically fitter and trying to be more humble.
There is no such thing as 'positive' generalisation. Lmao.
Reply 7
Original post by JAckieee.chan
There is no such thing as 'positive' generalisation. Lmao.

Many Olympic athletes are very dedicated.

Many nurses are very caring.

Many boxers are very tough.

Those are all positive generalisations but arguably are widely true.

Generally obstacles increase one’s resilience.

While I am more pragmatic than I am ideological, I think most people would acknowledge that black women tend to face more obstacles than their white counterparts.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending