heart beats 140 per min? is this bad

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i’m resting and had a reading of 143 beats per minute. i checked it two hours later and it was 98 resting. do i need this checked out? is it dangerous?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
My boyfriend had this but 143 is pretty high, could have been incorrect or the heat if it’s hot has been making you anxious maybe? My boyfriend had a high heart rate but his fit bit said he’s not healthy enough so he reduced portion size and started to walk more. His heart rate is normal now. I wouldn’t worry too much!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's pretty high for a resting heart rate. Was it definitely a true reading? Did you feel your heart going fast?
elixirhtc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I think you should for a checkup ..
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
That's very high mate, are you doing cocaine or something? Get checked by your GP. If you're doing stimulant drugs, that could be the issue.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That seems very high. My rest rate is around 59 bpm. Are you overweight? Are you taking any medication? Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Are you taking recreational drugs, smoking or vaping a lot? You may have underlying health conditions so it's worth getting checked over by a doctor to rule out that possibility.
Last edited by uberteknik; 1 month ago
Siberiaan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
See ur gp
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi thank you for your replies. I’ve been checking on it daily and it has been at 98, 117, 121.
98 has been the lowest resting rate. I’m not over weight and my bmi is normal by the nhs bmi calculator.
I’m not sure why it is like this. I don’t drink tea or coffee/ energy drinks or any stimulants.

What’s the normal resting rate for you?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi thank you for your replies. I’ve been checking on it daily and it has been at 98, 117, 121.
98 has been the lowest resting rate. I’m not over weight and my bmi is normal by the nhs bmi calculator.
I’m not sure why it is like this. I don’t drink tea or coffee/ energy drinks or any stimulants.

These are quite high values for a resting heart rate, but a few people I know who get stressed/anxious often do have higher heart rates than mine (usually between 60-85 ish) - if this isn’t the case for you I’d definitely advise speaking to a GP.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

60-70 for me when completely at rest (can drop down to 50s when I'm asleep). I do have episodes when it goes at 130-140 at rest, but this is not normal and something I'm supposed to be on medication for. It might be best to speak to your GP about this, though as someone above said, it might just be anxiety or just an inaccurate rate that you are getting when you are calculating it - best to get it checked out though.
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Normal healthy heart rate is anywhere between 60-90, anything above is dangerous at a normal level. As everyone else has already said on this thread, contact your GP asap.
billsj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

if u smoke daily, your heart rate increases due to carbonmonoxide, you might have a infection,disease or condition due to your body fighting against the problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30.28%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.17%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
54.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads