The Student Room Group

Childcare student finance Universal credit

I am due to start a PGCE primary course in September. I have 2 children one school age and another who will be one when i start training. I receive universal credit but am not sure how to fill out my student finance form. It says that i cannot receive the childcare grant if i receive the childcare element of UC which i currently do. Would i not be entitled to 85% childcare as a student is this only for working parents? Therefore would i have to cancel my childcare element of UC to be entitled to help with childcare. Sorry i am so confused
Original post by AEK1234
I am due to start a PGCE primary course in September. I have 2 children one school age and another who will be one when i start training. I receive universal credit but am not sure how to fill out my student finance form. It says that i cannot receive the childcare grant if i receive the childcare element of UC which i currently do. Would i not be entitled to 85% childcare as a student is this only for working parents? Therefore would i have to cancel my childcare element of UC to be entitled to help with childcare. Sorry i am so confused

Hi there, you can't receive the childcare grant if you are receiving childcare from other sources. You would need to cancel your other childcare to apply.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending