My friend needs help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend was caught emailing me at midnight, my mom had almost just died (she was in critical condition in the hospital for a month) so I was sad and I couldn't let my father know because he thinks that I'm a girl that doesn't cry. But then her mom walked in on her emailing me. Her mom is really strict and would never let her email during the night. I broke my ankle too so she was comforting me with that too, her parents are really strict and would never let her email at night or the day. She feels incredibly bad because she's had to make up stories before too and she lied saying she wasn't emailing anybody because she knows that if she tells her mom then I'll get in trouble too. How do I help her get out of this mess?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Since it's well after midnight, what has actually happened with your friend? Did her mum believe her story, and what was it?

If her parents are strict, there's not much you can do about it. It's between her and her parents for her to be trusted with her phone at night (if that's what this is).

Also, how old are the two of you? I'm rather surprised anyone would feel guilty about lying to their parents about using their phone to support a friend.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
We're both 12. I really want to help her, I wish I could.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.53%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.85%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed