Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
it's the kind which is slowing me down, hard to get out of bed, slurring my words a bit even tho i have big presentation coming up. I've already been for counseling/therapy a few times but my issues are just too ongoing. I have another assessment next week on nhs but don't know how to manage till then as i have a lot of uni work to do.

im so tired of relying on MH services because i keep trying to befriend people and build relationships, it goes nowhere or falls apart. i feel like nobody remembers me or cares about me and never will.

Any advice?
LemonDrop150
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can only give you advice as someone who has been through it. Along side talking therapy the best thing for depression is exercise. It releases all the happy chemicals and helps you get quality sleep, which you need to fight depression. As hard as it feels right now it won't always be this way, your clearly already fighting it. Oh and if your big on caffeine, cut down.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, you need get up as well and stop being so lazy. The world doesn't cater to snowflakes
Roxy226
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, you need get up as well and stop being so lazy. The world doesn't cater to snowflakes
Try not to be so shallow and ignorant. OP is reaching out for help so I wouldn't call that lazy, they're trying to find ways to get better.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Roxy226)
Try not to be so shallow and ignorant. OP is reaching out for help so I wouldn't call that lazy, they're trying to find ways to get better.
I've legit been homeless and had to sleep in my car. I was kicked out of my own famliy, I didnt lay in my car all day wallowing myself in self pity, I actually helped myself like im not even trying to be ignorant its just the truth.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
it's the kind which is slowing me down, hard to get out of bed, slurring my words a bit even tho i have big presentation coming up. I've already been for counseling/therapy a few times but my issues are just too ongoing. I have another assessment next week on nhs but don't know how to manage till then as i have a lot of uni work to do.

im so tired of relying on MH services because i keep trying to befriend people and build relationships, it goes nowhere or falls apart. i feel like nobody remembers me or cares about me and never will.

Any advice?
I was listening to Just One Thing on R4 and think that Michael Mosley was suggesting going out for a walk early in the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...our-daily-walk

I would try to concentrate on the Uni work you have to do this week and next week.

Do it in chunks and go out for a walk in between.

I find listening to things like this at night strangely soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8MKw5Q-Yg&t=6906s
Last edited by Kerzen; 1 month ago
Roxy226
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've legit been homeless and had to sleep in my car. I was kicked out of my own famliy, I didnt lay in my car all day wallowing myself in self pity, I actually helped myself like im not even trying to be ignorant its just the truth.
I'm not saying anything about you? You actually have no idea what the OP has gone through as well, so don't use yourself as an example. It's so easy to compare, but if you're not empathetic or even trying to be understanding then just keep your comments to yourself.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Roxy226)
I'm not saying anything about you? You actually have no idea what the OP has gone through as well, so don't use yourself as an example. It's so easy to compare, but if you're not empathetic or even trying to be understanding then just keep your comments to yourself.
From ops post it shows to be that he is a lazy guy, if he has other issues then he should have put it
LemonDrop150
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From ops post it shows to be that he is a lazy guy, if he has other issues then he should have put it
The post shows the person is depressed. Depression lowers motivation. It's amazing you managed to overcome your hurdles but you shouldn't try to belittle someone who clearly is struggling.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LemonDrop150)
The post shows the person is depressed. Depression lowers motivation. It's amazing you managed to overcome your hurdles but you shouldn't try to belittle someone who clearly is struggling.
But sometimes it's the best option to toughen up a bit. This is what I did. Toughening up might be the only option
LemonDrop150
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But sometimes it's the best option to toughen up a bit. This is what I did. Toughening up might be the only option
I dont think you fully understand how debilitating depression is. You can't just toughen up. Your attitude towards the OP is really damaging. I'm sure you didn't mean to be insensitive but that's exactly what your doing.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I dont think you fully understand how debilitating depression is. You can't just toughen up. Your attitude towards the OP is really damaging. I'm sure you didn't mean to be insensitive but that's exactly what your doing.
I'm trying to be honest. What else can op do? He's tried the gp. What can he actually do? Make the gp to help him and stalk them until they do or can he actually make an effort to get out of bed. Nothing is physically stopping them getting out of bed
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
I was listening to Just One Thing on R4 and think that Michael Mosley was suggesting going out for a walk early in the morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...our-daily-walk

I would try to concentrate on the Uni work you have to do this week and next week.

Do it in chunks and go out for a walk in between.

I find listening to things like this at night strangely soothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck8MKw5Q-Yg&t=6906s
Thank you actually i love listening to those asmr ambience YT videos too

The problem with the mornings is that i find it really hard since i have insomnia a lot, if i wake up early then by 4pm i'm like depleted again. During the day thee are lots of family issues too so i tend to avoid morning/afternoon and work late at night

but heard mornings are healthier
Anonymous #1
I can only give you advice as someone who has been through it. Along side talking therapy the best thing for depression is exercise. It releases all the happy chemicals and helps you get quality sleep, which you need to fight depression. As hard as it feels right now it won't always be this way, your clearly already fighting it. Oh and if your big on caffeine, cut down.
Thank you i do workout regularly and it does help
lifestyle wise i do everything i can its probably better than average but my remaining issues are related to family and living situation and work stress so it's hard plus i lost my pet/best friend just recently which has been a massive loss

Does caffeine make things worse?
Anonymous #1
I'm trying to be honest. What else can op do? He's tried the gp. What can he actually do? Make the gp to help him and stalk them until they do or can he actually make an effort to get out of bed. Nothing is physically stopping them getting out of bed
Although i think you're ignorant and heartless you have a point hun people like me according to darwin should have been gone many years ago i've tried a couple of times and not succeeded i guess i'm too lazy and need to try harder x thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (52)
28.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.29%
No I am happy with my choice (100)
55.25%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads