Part-time jobs for 16 year olds

Watch
honey_bear
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Now that the GCSE assessments are over, I wanted some experience in hospitality (restaurants/ fast-food) or tutoring services. Just any suitable job for a 16 year old really. Are there any places anyone can recommend? It would be great for any other remote (work-from-home type) part-time jobs?
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by honey_bear)
Now that the GCSE assessments are over, I wanted some experience in hospitality (restaurants/ fast-food) or tutoring services. Just any suitable job for a 16 year old really. Are there any places anyone can recommend? It would be great for any other remote (work-from-home type) part-time jobs?
Boots defo take your age on without issues but restricted to areas you can work due to age restrictions ( 18 plus ),
Tesco is similar with your age and restrictions. .
Morrisons & sainsburys be same

If you intending to do hospitality as a long term career then fast food places like McDonald's or KFC will be a starter, then cafes, restaurants might restrict you with age restrictions due to selling alcohol...!!

Use whatever your long term career prospects idea's into this for to gain experience for it to.
honey_bear
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Littleemma98)
Boots defo take your age on without issues but restricted to areas you can work due to age restrictions ( 18 plus ),
Tesco is similar with your age and restrictions. .
Morrisons & sainsburys be same

If you intending to do hospitality as a long term career then fast food places like McDonald's or KFC will be a starter, then cafes, restaurants might restrict you with age restrictions due to selling alcohol...!!

Use whatever your long term career prospects idea's into this for to gain experience for it to.
Thank you for you advice!!
I completely forgot about supermarkets and shops.
Actually I want to do medicine, but just wanted this experience instead of staying at home all the time. I'm sure it'll be a great experience to try and learn something from
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by honey_bear)
Thank you for you advice!!
I completely forgot about supermarkets and shops.
Actually I want to do medicine, but just wanted this experience instead of staying at home all the time. I'm sure it'll be a great experience to try and learn something from
Hi
No worries ok

You mentioned you wish to do medicine at university so the best job you can apply for is with boots as a pharmacy adviser dispenser ( they do advertise for trainees posts for this job as well ) as you'll learn names of medications which is ideal for you.
I knew most of medications from my degree I did in vet nursing and I applied internally with boots to work in pharmacy as a pharmacy adviser dispenser and it helped me lots,

Obviously you want to stay home and do online remote work but you won't get same experience like working in a environment like retail.

Good luck with things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
29.01%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.16%
No I am happy with my choice (72)
54.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.87%

Watched Threads