B816
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, my mocks are in a week and I have no clue about English lit, how am I meant to understand like 15 poems in a week? i do English intervention with my teacher but we've been focusing on English lang. i use Seneca, I've attempted doing revision for eng lit all on there but its quite hard, I also tying to revise for everything else, I have ADHD so Its quite difficult anyway and my school arent really helping but thats another issue. I'm not great at Eng Lang either but I understand it a bit more. Im struggling in a lot of revision and don't know how to catch up in a week.
Ahm_201
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ngl catching up in a week is kinda hard. Do past paper questions and look at common questions. Our teacher told us what some common questions are (I can't remember all of them because I haven't done the test in 1.5 years)
You need to pick a poem that conveys love, 'nature', (and other topics which I can't really remember). Just do posted notes on a few quotes that shows that topic. In the exam they will give you one poem and you have to do one from memory.

English Lang. is way important. Trust me. Universities look at english lang not lit (unless you are doing something related to english lit.) So research about some jobs you find interesting, look at its requirements and check with colleges/unis what their requirements are.

Hope that helped
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
note a few quotes per poem, no more than 4 or 5 and try to commit these to memory. it seems like a lot but if you pick good lines and revise them regularly, you'll be fine. you could also sort the poems according to themes to reduce the amount of quotes you have to remember and focus your revision on certain poems only.
seneca's a good revision tool but i wouldn't rely on only that for revision. make your own notes, do practice questions and essay plans etc. sparknotes, cliffnotes, shmoop and litcharts are all very good for english lit.
for english lang the only revision i did was practice papers and a little bit of revision of some terminology.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey

if you need any practice papers lmk i’d be happy to give you my folder that’s got like 2016-2020 papers most have mark schemes except the 2020 set. but they do help! message me on instagram @imani.tahsin if you want them and i’ll send you the link !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
16.13%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (59)
31.72%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (21)
11.29%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.6%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (9)
4.84%
I think it's an unfair expectation (48)
25.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.61%

Watched Threads