The Student Room Group

Nose strips for blackheads and whiteheads?

Should we use nose strips for blackheads/whiteheads? Is it healthy for our skin?

Is there any way to naturally get rid of them?
POV: when you dont know but are watching the thread for the answer
Reply 2
Original post by JamesFredTr
Should we use nose strips for blackheads/whiteheads? Is it healthy for our skin?

Is there any way to naturally get rid of them?

it depends some strips are rlly sticky and pull causing skin irritaion.
idk about a natural way?
Reply 3
While they are satisfying to use my experience is that they are pointless and ridiculously priced. Black heads are associated with visible open pores which this treatment doesn’t help and it is only partially and temporarily able to remove the sebum gunk. Undoubtedly if you use them regularly over a period of time they would cause skin damage themselves. Fun though.
Reply 4
Yup! I strongly would advise you to not use blackhead strips. The adhesive on blackhead strips largely contributes to the irritation and damage associated with these treatments. The sticky coating that attaches to the debris within pores leaves the complexion looking flaky, red and inflamed. Pore strips can also cause spider veins and broken capillaries around the nose.

Like said, you could use an exfoliant but I would recommend only using it 1-2 a week because While using a scrub or cleanser with beads might feel soft on day one, scrub too hard or using these products daily can damage the most outer layer of skin. One sign of over-exfoliating is skin hypersensitivity. This can cause irritation, breakouts, and even a stinging feeling when you apply products.

I would recommend using an acne remover with ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, retinol, tea tree oil, and sulfur, because they all have antibacterial properties, which help kill acne-causing bacteria.
(edited 2 years ago)

you probably have sebaceous filaments not whiteheads

Quick Reply

Latest