The Student Room Group

My english response for question 5 paper 2 gcse aqa english language

Could someone possibly mark this and give me a mark out of 40?

"School uniform encourages a sense of pride in students for their school. It also helps with discipline.It is an essential part of the education system in England"
write a speech for a school debate either for or against

“School uniform improves discipline, improves concentration and improves respect for others.” Is this true? School uniform - do you want to wear it? Perhaps you may believe that school uniform, a “ground-breaking” garment saves you a myriad of time. Perhaps you would prefer to differ and believe that this ugly uniform brings utmost shame. You are drowning in an endless sea of despair. You are nothing but the puppet held by the strings (by teachers, obviously) and forced to do their evil bidding - wearing a school uniform. As we delve deeper into this phenomenon called “school uniform” , buckle your seat belt tight. Wear a helmet. The road ahead is very bumpy. Listener discretion is advised.

There is one thing that gets on my nerves - the price. Why are they so egregiously expensive? Although many of you might believe that the price is acceptable, others, myself included, believe that this is not true. It is quite impudent that a school would charge heaps of money for this. Imagine all those poor, innocent and desperate children who want an education but are hindered by the sanctimonious, impertinent and feral shop keeper! Imagine how jubilant they would be to be educated ; perhaps the uniform is not worth it. According to research conducted by Dr. Harry Kyles, an expert in poverty, says that around 60% of children across the globe can’t afford to receive an education because of the pricey equipment. All it does is jeopardize their euphoria. Unfortunately, instead of completing homework with alacrity, they are working around the farm, getting deadly diseases. By charging students a gross amount of money for uniforms, the malevolent school can rip their spendings off them; this money, life’s precious jewels, could have been spent protecting themselves, their family, their pets etc. When will this end? I think - no I know - that this is unacceptable in society. Unfortunately, the school coerces you to do this. Unfortunately, you have no choice. Unfortunately, we are all not rich. Uniform wears you, you do not wear it. You are nothing but a green pea in an endless sea of green. Very mundane, nothing special, not a spark of excitement and elation in sight.

Despite the cost, a school uniform can be quite helpful in maintaining discipline(although your best friend Barbara, the only anomaly in the entire school, likes to roll her skirt up and wear a plethora of makeup because her parents are rich rich rich and she wants her friends to spontaneously combust). According to research conducted by Cambridge University, uniform allows you to waste no time in the morning. You already decide what to wear and all you do is put it on. This is no exaggeration. Furthermore, everyone wears the same thing as you! Statistics corroborate that confidence at school has enhanced by 45% since the introduction of uniform. People, including me, are not judged by what we wear. I remember this one time in my old school, we had no uniform. A girl called Sasha failed all her subjects because she wastes her time picking an outfit to wear instead of studying for her finals(which were one of the worst times to be alive!)People are able to be more assertive in front of others and they can showcase their talents, which has stimulated more students to take part in speeches and become talented beings in the future. The good thing about uniforms is saving time. What is even better is that it prevents others from judging. The best, hey I can focus on my studies! Students in schools with uniforms also perform 60% better than those that don’t! Finally, those amazing grades are right around the corner. Although wearing a garment appears to be a short, simple task, it can have major, beneficial effects!Undeniably, these actions(wearing uniform) have so many advantages that it is almost imperative to acquire them! Join team uniform!

In conclusion, do not bury your head in sand. Although uniforms are thought to look downright disgusting, they are innovative, and I believe this is the pinnacle of human success. Once again,I will ask you one simple question - would you want to wear it? Looking at how far we have come, wearing a uniform wins the bloody battle. For once in your life you will never feel ignominious in your life again - we are all equal and are united together by this great garment. For once in your life, you can study to perfection and receive the ideal grades that you, and your parents, desire. For once in your life you can use time wisely. Clothes do not matter. Who you are does. By being more assertive and obtaining the desired grades, you can easily get a higher status job you wanted ; with those perfect communication skills and your raw talent, who wouldn’t? Look at you in the future, earning endless voids of money and being able to finally live that life in heaven. Isn’t that what you always wanted? Uniform - despite being dull, hideous and horrendous items of clothing - allows you to represent your school with pride and be a diligent, hard-working, and jubilant person. Who knows what your future holds because of this...
sorry for the large gap

Original post by zaza66yosup

"School uniform encourages a sense of pride in students for their school. It also helps with discipline.It is an essential part of the education system in England"

“School uniform improves discipline, improves concentration and improves respect for others.” Is this true? School uniform - do you want to wear it? Perhaps you may believe that school uniform, a “ground-breaking” garment saves you a myriad of time. Perhaps you would prefer to differ and believe that this ugly uniform brings utmost shame. You are drowning in an endless sea of despair. You are nothing but the puppet held by the strings (by teachers, obviously) and forced to do their evil bidding - wearing a school uniform. As we delve deeper into this phenomenon called “school uniform” , buckle your seat belt tight. Wear a helmet. The road ahead is very bumpy. Listener discretion is advised.

There is one thing that gets on my nerves - the price. Why are they so egregiously expensive? Although many of you might believe that the price is acceptable, others, myself included, believe that this is not true. It is quite impudent that a school would charge heaps of money for this. Imagine all those poor, innocent and desperate children who want an education but are hindered by the sanctimonious, impertinent and feral shop keeper! Imagine how jubilant they would be to be educated ; perhaps the uniform is not worth it. According to research conducted by Dr. Harry Kyles, an expert in poverty, says that around 60% of children across the globe can’t afford to receive an education because of the pricey equipment. All it does is jeopardize their euphoria. Unfortunately, instead of completing homework with alacrity, they are working around the farm, getting deadly diseases. By charging students a gross amount of money for uniforms, the malevolent school can rip their spendings off them; this money, life’s precious jewels, could have been spent protecting themselves, their family, their pets etc. When will this end? I think - no I know - that this is unacceptable in society. Unfortunately, the school coerces you to do this. Unfortunately, you have no choice. Unfortunately, we are all not rich. Uniform wears you, you do not wear it. You are nothing but a green pea in an endless sea of green. Very mundane, nothing special, not a spark of excitement and elation in sight.

Despite the cost, a school uniform can be quite helpful in maintaining discipline(although your best friend Barbara, the only anomaly in the entire school, likes to roll her skirt up and wear a plethora of makeup because her parents are rich rich rich and she wants her friends to spontaneously combust). According to research conducted by Cambridge University, uniform allows you to waste no time in the morning. You already decide what to wear and all you do is put it on. This is no exaggeration. Furthermore, everyone wears the same thing as you! Statistics corroborate that confidence at school has enhanced by 45% since the introduction of uniform. People, including me, are not judged by what we wear. I remember this one time in my old school, we had no uniform. A girl called Sasha failed all her subjects because she wastes her time picking an outfit to wear instead of studying for her finals(which were one of the worst times to be alive!)People are able to be more assertive in front of others and they can showcase their talents, which has stimulated more students to take part in speeches and become talented beings in the future. The good thing about uniforms is saving time. What is even better is that it prevents others from judging. The best, hey I can focus on my studies! Students in schools with uniforms also perform 60% better than those that don’t! Finally, those amazing grades are right around the corner. Although wearing a garment appears to be a short, simple task, it can have major, beneficial effects!Undeniably, these actions(wearing uniform) have so many advantages that it is almost imperative to acquire them! Join team uniform!

In conclusion, do not bury your head in sand. Although uniforms are thought to look downright disgusting, they are innovative, and I believe this is the pinnacle of human success. Once again,I will ask you one simple question - would you want to wear it? Looking at how far we have come, wearing a uniform wins the bloody battle. For once in your life you will never feel ignominious in your life again - we are all equal and are united together by this great garment. For once in your life, you can study to perfection and receive the ideal grades that you, and your parents, desire. For once in your life you can use time wisely. Clothes do not matter. Who you are does. By being more assertive and obtaining the desired grades, you can easily get a higher status job you wanted ; with those perfect communication skills and your raw talent, who wouldn’t? Look at you in the future, earning endless voids of money and being able to finally live that life in heaven. Isn’t that what you always wanted? Uniform - despite being dull, hideous and horrendous items of clothing - allows you to represent your school with pride and be a diligent, hard-working, and jubilant person. Who knows what your future holds because of this...

sorry for large gaps
Original post by zaza66yosup

The skool rules are worth rebelling

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending