hello83
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will it be hard if I pick biology chemistry and psychology?
Ethan512
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do Bio and Chem (can't speak for Psychology as I do Geog instead). I'm in Year 12 at the minute and I would say if you like the subjects and achieve high grades at GCSE (or equivalent) then Bio and Chem should be fine. My biggest tip for Chemistry would definitely be to do the pre-reading from the textbook if you know what your lesson is going to be on so you can ensure you've got all the knowledge you need as teachers sometimes miss things out. I'm not going to say it'll be easy, cause I've definitely found some of the stuff harder, not particularly in Bio but more Chem, but revision and practice really help. I'm sitting mock exams at the minute and what I will say is prepare for never-ending work lol. Aside from homework and pre-reading, it's a good idea to make your revision notes as you learn the content and revise well in advance for exams because there is a lot of content and there are very few revision lessons (if any) before the exam! As long as you're motivated to work hard, you should be fine
hello83
Rep:
?
Okay thank you for your help
Amy_J67
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do Psychology as an A-level at the moment (im in year 12). It depends on how interested you are in the subject. I do aqa psychology and whilst parts of it are boring, the majority of it is quite interesting and relatively okay to understand. If your unsure if you would be interested in it, maybe find out what exam board you are doing and research a bit about the topics it includes. That way you can get a feel for the topics and whether you might find it difficult or not. To be honest, I've always found it relatively easy to understand but then again, everyone's experience is different. The hard part about it is trying to recall all of the information as some parts of the course sound similar (such as the strengths and weaknesses of experiments and such). If you do chose to do psychology, I would say the best way to revise is to go over notes and practice exam questions. Hope this helps
hello83
Rep:
?
(Original post by Amy_J67)
I do Psychology as an A-level at the moment (im in year 12). It depends on how interested you are in the subject. I do aqa psychology and whilst parts of it are boring, the majority of it is quite interesting and relatively okay to understand. If your unsure if you would be interested in it, maybe find out what exam board you are doing and research a bit about the topics it includes. That way you can get a feel for the topics and whether you might find it difficult or not. To be honest, I've always found it relatively easy to understand but then again, everyone's experience is different. The hard part about it is trying to recall all of the information as some parts of the course sound similar (such as the strengths and weaknesses of experiments and such). If you do chose to do psychology, I would say the best way to revise is to go over notes and practice exam questions. Hope this helps
Thank you for your help, that’s what scares me the fact that there is a lot of content as you will know biology is a lot of content too so I feel like it will be too much for me to remember, I’m sure I will find it interesting though
Amy_J67
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No problem! To be honest, no matter what subjects you pick, there will always be a lot of content so the best thing you can do when choosing a levels is to make sure that it will interest you and that you work hard at it. That way you are more likely to remember the information and are more likely to stay motivated at the end of the day, you can only try your best and the grades you get from it will reflect how much work and effort you put into it x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads