Are doctors having face-to-face appointments?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, so the question is in the title, I'm wanting to make an appointment with my GP about my mental health and to get help but I'm not sure whether you can have appointments again or this is over the phone. I personally prefer the experience of seeing the GP in person as I don't feel as though it is as helpful as seeing them in person.

Also this is the first time I have ever made this sort of appointment, so what should I say when I make the call? Will they ask my name and what do I say?
Hazzz01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you asking how to make a GP appointment?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GPs are having face-to-face appointments but only if it is deemed necessary by them - i.e. they will speak to you on the phone first and then decide if you need to come in or if it is something that can just be dealt with over the phone.

Usually, when you call up to make an appointment they ask your name, DOB and a reason for the appointment (you can say it's confidential if you don't want to tell the receptionist).
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:ditto:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you, I was a bit unsure of what to expect especially if the receptionist tries to act like she is the doctor. So thats all good then, thank you!
Samantha. Isaacs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My sister in law is having trouble with getting a face to face appointment for my baby niece
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads