Should I let him go?

Watch
iceberg117
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
He is a friend of a friend and we've known each other for two years. Last year we started something more than just a friendship, but to this day we stayed on the same level. He's superficial- he doesn't want to get to know me on a deeper level, and because of this, he has made a lot of false assumptions about me and it bothers me. He's an extrovert and I'm more socially selective but I wouldn't consider myself introverted, I just need more time to get friendly with people. Recently he organized a party and everybody got invited except me. When our mutual friend asked him why he didn't invite me, he told I wouldn't fit in the company. Although I don't really like these people, I was still hurt because we all are social beings and want to get accepted. We didn't really talk after this, he asked me something and I replied coldly. Today he sent me a message like nothing happened but I'm still mad at him because I think not inviting me tells a lot about our relationship in general. I didn't reply yet and I don't know how to behave. Help!
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Express your feelings and if his attitude doesn’t change block him
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by iceberg117)
He is a friend of a friend and we've known each other for two years. Last year we started something more than just a friendship, but to this day we stayed on the same level. He's superficial- he doesn't want to get to know me on a deeper level, and because of this, he has made a lot of false assumptions about me and it bothers me. He's an extrovert and I'm more socially selective but I wouldn't consider myself introverted, I just need more time to get friendly with people. Recently he organized a party and everybody got invited except me. When our mutual friend asked him why he didn't invite me, he told I wouldn't fit in the company. Although I don't really like these people, I was still hurt because we all are social beings and want to get accepted. We didn't really talk after this, he asked me something and I replied coldly. Today he sent me a message like nothing happened but I'm still mad at him because I think not inviting me tells a lot about our relationship in general. I didn't reply yet and I don't know how to behave. Help!
Just let it go.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He didn’t invite you because he knew you wouldn’t fit in sounds like a fairly reasonable thing to say tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
32.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
5.88%
No I am happy with my choice (19)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed