Are you starting university, older than you though you would?

Watch
ENUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Let us know if you have any questions that we can help with!
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did an undergrad and postgrad at the usual age, now going back to uni at 29 to do another undergrad.

I guess my main concern is being able to make friends at uni and join in clubs and stuff what with being older. I like to think i'm willing and friendly enough but i'm not a big drinker or into clubbing, i'd rather a trip out or a meal in a quiet pub somewhere with a few good people and have a chat.
ENUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kogomogo)
I did an undergrad and postgrad at the usual age, now going back to uni at 29 to do another undergrad.

I guess my main concern is being able to make friends at uni and join in clubs and stuff what with being older. I like to think i'm willing and friendly enough but i'm not a big drinker or into clubbing, i'd rather a trip out or a meal in a quiet pub somewhere with a few good people and have a chat.
Thats brilliant news! Congratulations on making the decision again to go to uni!

The same opportunities are offered to everyone no matter what age, and course they study on, but it comes down to preference and what each individual wants to get out of it at the time they choose to study
I applied for my first (ug) degree aged 27 and it was pretty daunting having been out of education for so long but its one of the best things I have ever done as there's been a lot of mature students in my class (year 3 from September).

We have found recently there are a large intake of students (like yourself) who are now retraining in a different field - so this years students are going to look completely different from what we thought before which is pretty exciting!

Student accommodation applications allow you to select your preferences on the ages and interests of flatmates but if that's not an option you are considering this year, you should check out the societies as there will be such a big variety of interests and this time could be used to try something you originally wouldn't your first time at uni

Give me a shout if there's anything else that I can help with!

Steph @ ENU
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
28.21%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.69%
No I am happy with my choice (22)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.69%

Watched Threads