Mums made me feel a bit awkward

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im not sure if this is the right place to write this but Im not shre where else to say it. Ive got a school party prom thing coming up so I bought a really cheap dress and have had it altered. My mum paid for the dress (was £15) and so I kind of assumed she'd pay for the alteration as she came to the fitting with me and sorted the whole thing. Anyway, im picking the dress up tomorrow and asked her what time we should go but she said that she's not coming and that I have to pay for it (costs more than the original cost of the dress). My mum knows I have hardly any money as I can't find a job and I do feel as though she's done this on purpose, alrhough Im not sure why? Im well aware that I'm probably coming across as spoilt and that I should just be thankful that she bought the dress in the first place but Im rather confused as I don't have the money to pay to collect it.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im not sure if this is the right place to write this but Im not shre where else to say it. Ive got a school party prom thing coming up so I bought a really cheap dress and have had it altered. My mum paid for the dress (was £15) and so I kind of assumed she'd pay for the alteration as she came to the fitting with me and sorted the whole thing. Anyway, im picking the dress up tomorrow and asked her what time we should go but she said that she's not coming and that I have to pay for it (costs more than the original cost of the dress). My mum knows I have hardly any money as I can't find a job and I do feel as though she's done this on purpose, alrhough Im not sure why? Im well aware that I'm probably coming across as spoilt and that I should just be thankful that she bought the dress in the first place but Im rather confused as I don't have the money to pay to collect it.
Why did the dress need to be altered? Could you have bought a dress which didn't need any alterations?

When is the prom?
TPE13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She only paid £15 for the original dress it’s not exactly a lot of money she’s paid out for a prom, I would ask her to atleast lend u the money until u have it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
Why did the dress need to be altered? Could you have bought a dress which didn't need any alterations?

When is the prom?
Im really small so I rarely get a dress that fits proportionally. I needed it taking in and taking up, plus the bottom was wonkey bc it was so cheap. Proms at the end of June.
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im really small so I rarely get a dress that fits proportionally. I needed it taking in and taking up, plus the bottom was wonkey bc it was so cheap. Proms at the end of June.
Are you going to be able to pick it up tomorrow?

How much do you need to pay for the alterations?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads