mayalilyy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m looking to get a new laptop for university and with a university email you can get a 4 year warranty. When did people get their university emails? Was it august or later?
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t get mine until about October after I started which was a bit rubbish, they made us use our personal emails until then.
I managed to get the free student Microsoft Office with my personal email though if that’s any help.
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mayalilyy)
I’m looking to get a new laptop for university and with a university email you can get a 4 year warranty. When did people get their university emails? Was it august or later?
It's typically end of August
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mayalilyy)
September time normally, probably not until after you’ve completed an online registration with the university, although dates vary uni to uni
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your university but if you ask them they should have a timetable.

Many universities will let you access your IT account before you arrive but some will only grant access after you have been seen in person

It’s a good idea to wait until October/November to get a laptop. Prices are highest in the summer.
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads