Toxic sister who thinks she is better

Watch
Hannahzx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do you deal with a sibling who thinks they’re better than you . I’m 19 year old (f) and my 20 year old sister acts as if she is better than me . A lot of people say we look alike and she seems annoyed when people say that . We went to the movies recently and the worker even said we look the same and her response was that she’s the ‘pretty’ one & she said it from a distance but I heard very clearly. I’m quite sensitive so I take things personally at times . It’s quite sad when your own family are the ones who put you down. She can be toxic , whenever we get into an argument she gets very intense and says very hurtful mean things and always gets personal and I’m not one to do such a thing. I make sure never to tell her any of my secrets because she can’t keep one to save her life , anything I tell her will be gossip for her and her friends. She only cares about herself sometimes and I’ve even heard her insulting me to her friend. Is this acceptable behaviour??
xOutcast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hihi!
Siblings will be a pain; they have been and it's their job to be but not to the extent that you feel personally attacked. I understand you're on the bad end of the stick, but it might be worth having a chat with her to just say that you don't like the things she's doing. I'm sure you're an amazing person, and don't let anybody, family or otherwise, try and put you down about it. I too can be overly sensitive at times, but it might be worth trying to find a friend to whom you can just chat when this sort of thing happens because I know when I'm in a mood, talking about it makes things seem lighter, and a week later, I fail to even remember what I was annoyed about.
Hope things get better soon <3
BRZ97
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I usually ignore them since they know better lol. Then watch when they come crying for help.

My advise is to just distance yourself and have your own space. Do you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.44%
Excited but a bit nervous (116)
45.67%
Not bothered either way (33)
12.99%
I'm really nervous (48)
18.9%

Watched Threads