Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
PLEASE consider other routes into teaching
Multitaskingmum
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello, I've seen your posts and comments about Teach First and wanted to ask you if there are any groups of potential students that you would recommend this route for ? I am a mature student with lots of classroom experience and am hoping to train as a teacher ideally primary when I finish my OU degree. I am drawn to this programme as I hope to progress into a leadership role within teaching in the future. I am of an age where I wont be disappearing off into the corporate world and feel that this route would give me the foundation to get to where I'd like to be. What would your thoughts be ? Thank you :-)
crose00
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I just got accepted for a development center for primary in 2 weeks! Anybody got any tips or advice for me, especially anybody who got on? Im in my final year undegrad and I haven't had much interview experience or anything so I'm really nervous!
crose00
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stevenstelfox)
My DC was a week ago today and I just got an offer

Good luck to the rest of you, I would call your contact at TF if you haven't heard after 15 working days.
Hi! I have a DC in 2 weeks, do you have any advice or tips? what was the online teaching scenario like, especially the "naughty kids"?
cmd001
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
For the interview, the competencies make up the biggest part of it so I would just make sure you have clear examples for each one. This is the situation, this is what happened, this is what I learned/how I dealt with it. But the interviewer was super friendly and went out of their way to make sure I wasn't too nervous. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll do great!
Quiet Benin
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 12 hours ago
Elitist graduate scheme. Reminds me of Civil service fast stream.

I would have given teach first a run for its money but yet again rejected due to 2:2
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 hours ago
(Original post by Quiet Benin)
Elitist graduate scheme. Reminds me of Civil service fast stream.

I would have given teach first a run for its money but yet again rejected due to 2:2
You should still be able to get into most other teacher training courses with a 2:2. You could look into SCITTs or School Direct courses - which are similar to Teach First in that you will be in the classroom from the start, though you wouldn't have as much immediate responsibility as a Teach First trainee.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads