NightMist
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I have a physics test and my friend have told me it’s hard so I need some ways of how to get physics stuff in my head because I’m rubbish at physics.
The topic is energy and I’d really like some help, advice, tips etc.
ty 🌸 ✨
moeezstrm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
exam board?
Millie2464
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NightMist)
So I have a physics test and my friend have told me it’s hard so I need some ways of how to get physics stuff in my head because I’m rubbish at physics.
The topic is energy and I’d really like some help, advice, tips etc.
ty 🌸 ✨
Honestly it’s not as hard as you think it might be yes there are some challenging but but before actually doing it I thought it would be sooo hard but it was ok. I’m not sure wether you are doing higher or foundation but either way make sure you learn the equations! Most exams give the equations but there will always be a question where you need to use the equation to get the answer, honestly for physics some of it is common sense the energy questions normally only require a bit of thinking you just need to remember the forms of energy like kinetic, chemical, thermal etc also try relate the words to objects to help you remember so you have have something to associate the word with you can even dare a little picture in the exam to help you remember. Find things that associate like kinetic for example I always think of a car moving or something moving ... this technique really worked for me but if there’s anything you really want to stick in your mind do the read, write and cover method (idk if it’s actually called that 😂) but read the info you want to remember take it in then write it and repeat it while it’s covered this honestly was my fav technique because it really gets it stuck in your mind if you do it over and over. You could been get friends or family to test you ...
I hope this helped a bit
Good luck! I’m sure you will do great
NightMist
Rep:
?
(Original post by moeezstrm)
exam board?
AQA I think (probably is aqa)
NightMist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Millie2464)
Honestly it’s not as hard as you think it might be yes there are some challenging but but before actually doing it I thought it would be sooo hard but it was ok. I’m not sure wether you are doing higher or foundation but either way make sure you learn the equations! Most exams give the equations but there will always be a question where you need to use the equation to get the answer, honestly for physics some of it is common sense the energy questions normally only require a bit of thinking you just need to remember the forms of energy like kinetic, chemical, thermal etc also try relate the words to objects to help you remember so you have have something to associate the word with you can even dare a little picture in the exam to help you remember. Find things that associate like kinetic for example I always think of a car moving or something moving ... this technique really worked for me but if there’s anything you really want to stick in your mind do the read, write and cover method (idk if it’s actually called that 😂) but read the info you want to remember take it in then write it and repeat it while it’s covered this honestly was my fav technique because it really gets it stuck in your mind if you do it over and over. You could been get friends or family to test you ...
I hope this helped a bit
Good luck! I’m sure you will do great
Okay tyyysm for taking ur time out! I truly do appreciate it! It’s very helpful
xx
moeezstrm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
AQA I think (probably is aqa)
aight for aqa sciences i cannot recommend freesciencelessons enough. his vids are simple, easy to understand and are straight from the specification unlike textbooks which waffle a lot.

link (for energy) https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Z4vKy4VfcAhsCj

for energy tho, just remember:
- energy is conserved ALWAYS
- can you describe the energy transfers going on? (e.g. pendulums or dropping a ball)
- energy can dissipate/transfer to other types of stores
- gpe, kinetic, elastic potential, work done and speed equations
- how energy is generated (solar, hep, geothermal, nuclear, etc.)
- theres more but it’s 4am and i can’t think lol. but these are the main points

it might be worthwhile to also purchase the cgp revision guide rn too if you don’t like watching him. the revision guide > textbooks imo cuz they don’t rlly waffle

also to get things in your head just write it down. it doesn’t have to be neat. try doing a spider diagram and write key points you remember.

also try writing key points on your own words (changing words to mean the same thing) so you have a better chance at remembering it
NightMist
Rep:
?
(Original post by moeezstrm)
aight for aqa sciences i cannot recommend freesciencelessons enough. his vids are simple, easy to understand and are straight from the specification unlike textbooks which waffle a lot.

link (for energy) https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Z4vKy4VfcAhsCj

for energy tho, just remember:
- energy is conserved ALWAYS
- can you describe the energy transfers going on? (e.g. pendulums or dropping a ball)
- energy can dissipate/transfer to other types of stores
- gpe, kinetic, elastic potential, work done and speed equations
- how energy is generated (solar, hep, geothermal, nuclear, etc.)
- theres more but it’s 4am and i can’t think lol. but these are the main points

it might be worthwhile to also purchase the cgp revision guide rn too if you don’t like watching him. the revision guide > textbooks imo cuz they don’t rlly waffle

also to get things in your head just write it down. it doesn’t have to be neat. try doing a spider diagram and write key points you remember.

also try writing key points on your own words (changing words to mean the same thing) so you have a better chance at remembering it
Okay tyyyysm for taking ur time at 4am 😂 and giving me advice it’s so very helpful!! x
moeezstrm
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Okay tyyyysm for taking ur time at 4am 😂 and giving me advice it’s so very helpful!! x
np
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
29.03%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.45%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
59.68%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
4.84%

Watched Threads