Scroll to see replies

Not a wise idea, just saying.
Original post by Hazzz01
Not a wise idea, just saying.

He made it so you cant use anon. Should deter the majority of trolls
Original post by tej3141
He made it so you cant use anon. Should deter the majority of trolls

can you stop people from using anon?
Which other religion, religious sect, denomination, religious movement or book of scripture do you find interesting?
Original post by zz2002

Yes.
By posting the thread in a forum that does not allow the anonymous feature.
Original post by zz2002

Idk how to bc I dont make threads often but theres no option to use anon for me
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.
By posting the thread in a forum that does not allow the anonymous feature.

Ohh okay lol. It makes sense now since I’ve tried to make a thread a few times on faith and spirituality, but it won’t let me use anon so I didn’t post
Best thing about being a muslim? :smile:
The community aspect seems nice
Hahaha toxic people couldn’t hide behind anon this time
Hi why do muslims wear a headscarf/hijab?
Original post by _Robyn_
Hi why do muslims wear a headscarf/hijab?

Hijāb actually is an Arabic word which means to cover or conceal, not the headscarf worn on heads. It's commanded in The Qur'an for believing women to conceal themselves around non-mahram men (I.e any man who is not your husband, brother, father, grandfathers, son, nephew, father in law, son in law and a few others). Many people will probably get hurt at this but a lone headscarf on the head is not an actual hijāb, since the whole body must be covered with untight clothing.

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their Jalabībīn (Plural of Jilbāb) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft*-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Qur'an 33:59]

Spoiler

"And enjoin believing women to cast down their looks and guard their private parts and not reveal their adornment except that which is revealed of itself (i.e face/eyes and hands) and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment (i.e hide their beauty)" [Qur'an 24:31]

Narrated Safiya bint Shaiba:
“Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their heads and faces with those cut pieces of cloth." [Sahīh Al-Bukhari 4759]

They wear it for the main reason of modesty and to show that their beauty holds value so is not for everyone to see. I'd like to also add that hijāb is obligatory for men too, however our awrah (Part of the body that should be covered) is different so we only have to cover Navel to Knees.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by KosarPlayz
ill try my best to answer :biggrin:

What is your following?
Original post by Cıllıan
Hijāb actually is an Arabic word which means to cover or conceal, not the headscarf worn on heads. It's commanded in The Qur'an for believing women to conceal themselves around non-mahram men (I.e any man who is not your husband, brother, father, grandfathers, son, nephew, father in law, son in law and a few others). Many people will probably get hurt at this but a lone headscarf on the head is not an actual hijāb, since the whole body must be covered with untight clothing.

"O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their Jalabībīn (Plural of Jilbāb) all over their bodies (i.e.screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft*-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Qur'an 33:59]

Spoiler

"And enjoin believing women to cast down their looks and guard their private parts and not reveal their adornment except that which is revealed of itself (i.e face/eyes and hands) and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment (i.e hide their beauty)" [Qur'an 24:31]

“Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their heads and faces with those cut pieces of cloth." [Sahīh Al-Bukhari 4759]

They wear it for the main reason of modesty and to show that their beauty holds value so is not for everyone to see. I'd like to also add that hijāb is obligatory for men too, however our awrah (Part of the body that should be covered) is different so we only have to cover Navel to Knees.

Ohh tysm :biggrin:
Reply 14
what serendipity have you experienced?
(edited 2 years ago)
Are you muslim because of your parents or by your own choice?
Original post by Cıllıan

Spoiler

Wait so is Niqab mandatory or not? Google says so many different things lol. I just want to know whether it’s compulsory or not for me so that I can do something about it
Original post by zz2002
Wait so is Niqab mandatory or not? Google says so many different things lol. I just want to know whether it’s compulsory or not for me so that I can do something about it

There is Ikhtilāf between the scholars so I'll just say what I definitely know. There are 2 opinions allowed, either the Niqāb is Wājib (Compulsory) or it is Mustahab (Recommend and Rewarded, but not obligatory). This is because there is evidences for both, however the evidences for the Wājib view are stronger which is why scholars prefer this view. When the command of the hijāb was revealed, it commands to conceal the beauty from strangers, and we know the main site of beauty is the face not the hair.

Spoiler

My conclusion and advice would be to follow one of these views after researching thoroughly, however do not go into extremes in choosing only one view because it won't do any good. Most proper Islāmic websites like IslamQA will definitely follow the view that it is obligatory though. This is also a good debate between two credible Shiekhs with opposing views.

Original post by londonmyst
Which other religion, religious sect, denomination, religious movement or book of scripture do you find interesting?

ooooh i like this question, I've studied judaism and christianity and a little bit of buddhism and to be fair, theyre all interesting in their own right but if i had to choose one for the most interesting I'd say christianity because of its many similarities to islam and its own concepts and stories. The torah is my favourite holy book though out of all the holy scripts exluding the quran. great question!
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Are you muslim because of your parents or by your own choice?

well in Islam, we believe everyone is born muslim and our parents either keep it that way or change our faith so I've always been a muslim but my parents let me choose and Ive done my research and i am a muslim by choice :smile:

Quick Reply