milesellis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya!

I'm currently head boy for Year 11/class of 2021.

We finished on the 28th of May and have a prom booked for the 25th June. After Boris's coronavirus announcement on 14th June, does this mean this can't go ahead?

Genuine question - I know weddings have been allowed - what's to stop 2 of us getting married and then calling it off at the last minute i.e what defines a wedding? Also what's the minimum age to get married on an unrelated note

Thanks!

Miles
Letitiajadax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I think if there’s less than 30 people outdoors it should be fine. But if not I’m not too sure have a word with your headteacher
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol interesting to ask about marriage in a prom thread, but I think the minimum age for marriage was 16-with parental consent, but I think that may be changing to 18 now.
milesellis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
Lol interesting to ask about marriage in a prom thread, but I think the minimum age for marriage was 16-with parental consent, but I think that may be changing to 18 now.
I know it may be changing but do we know if it has? Basically if we can get away with saying it's a wedding we will haha
milesellis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Letitiajadax)
Hi I think if there’s less than 30 people outdoors it should be fine. But if not I’m not too sure have a word with your headteacher
There's 83 of us :/
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by milesellis)
I know it may be changing but do we know if it has? Basically if we can get away with saying it's a wedding we will haha
Lool mad, it hasn't changed yet as far as i know, not sure of the date it will come into place.
Esme9812
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya!

I'm currently head boy for Year 11/class of 2021.

We finished on the 28th of May and have a prom booked for the 25th June. After Boris's coronavirus announcement on 14th June, does this mean this can't go ahead?

Genuine question - I know weddings have been allowed - what's to stop 2 of us getting married and then calling it off at the last minute i.e what defines a wedding? Also what's the minimum age to get married on an unrelated note

Thanks!

Miles
Our prom was meant to be on the 23rd June. But because of the announcement, it can't go ahead so it has been postponed to the end of July. So your school might be able to do that?
I read an article on TES which was quite funny about the idea of a prom-wedding where 2 teachers would get married and because there isn't a restriction on the number of people at a wedding then the prom can go ahead at the same time.
milesellis
Rep:
?
(Original post by Esme9812)
Our prom was meant to be on the 23rd June. But because of the announcement, it can't go ahead so it has been postponed to the end of July. So your school might be able to do that?
I read an article on TES which was quite funny about the idea of a prom-wedding where 2 teachers would get married and because there isn't a restriction on the number of people at a wedding then the prom can go ahead at the same time.
The TES thing is exactly what we were going for - didn't know they'd thought of it too lol. We've gone for the end of July as it's relatively safe. Don't suppose you've got a link to the TES article
Esme9812
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The TES thing is exactly what we were going for - didn't know they'd thought of it too lol. We've gone for the end of July as it's relatively safe. Don't suppose you've got a link to the TES article
I think this is it.
https://www.tes.com/news/covid-schoo...21-school-prom
I found it quite funny.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (41)
14.49%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (92)
32.51%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (36)
12.72%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.13%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
6.01%
I think it's an unfair expectation (71)
25.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.06%

Watched Threads