phoenixtheblaze
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a job when you're 15. I turn 16 in around 4 months and I know that most stores don't usually hire people under 16. I was wondering if anyone knows any type of place that might want to hire someone under 16.
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by phoenixtheblaze)
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a job when you're 15. I turn 16 in around 4 months and I know that most stores don't usually hire people under 16. I was wondering if anyone knows any type of place that might want to hire someone under 16.
Generally under 16 employment tends to be informal and via family or social connections - few, if any official places of employment would want the liability of someone legally still a child on the premises. The most likely traditional exception tends to be newspaper delivery.
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by phoenixtheblaze)
Hi
Try Boots as they employ young people from age of 15 with restrictions on what you'll get to do instore ok ( look up jobs through boots on website ).

( You'll need to be 15 years old to work as a Customer Assistant in most of our stores. However, to work at an airport store you'll need to be 18 years old or over.
www.boots.jobs ).

Tesco & other supermarkets will employ you from 16 again with restrictions due to age,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.42%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (65)
30.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.41%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.61%
I think it's an unfair expectation (58)
27.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise