The Student Room Group

perosnal statement

Hi,
Can you give me any tips on how to write an outstanding personal statement e.g. sentence starters, advanced vocab...
if you search up your course with personal statement written next to it online, you may find examples of it, e.g. history personal statement. But do NOT copy these, they are there as examples and to give you some inspiration.
Just write a concise & easy to follow essay.

Why this course
Who are you
Personal academics
Why your academics make a good fit for further studies
Other achievements/ hobbies
Reply 5
Thank you!
Original post by danesy.g
Hi,
Can you give me any tips on how to write an outstanding personal statement e.g. sentence starters, advanced vocab...

why you want to do the course, future career plans etc. I’d mention work experience and/or jobs relevant to the degree.
Talk about what a levels you’re doing and how that will benefit you in university, like the knowledge and skills they’ve given you.
Excellent short video from Uni of Essex, with a link to their *very* good Guide to Writing Personal Statements - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5-vnhZRx8
If you’re having trouble writing then record yourself talking to someone who is asking you questions about your chosen degree. Transcribing your spoken responses will often be more engaging and readable than many PSs that get bogged down in showy language

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending