I'm so worried... please help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So far my dad had two heart attacks, he's obese and has smoked for over 30 yrs. He's recently been using the vape.

After my dads 2nd heart attack I thought he was making good progress, he was walking, eating healthier as well as doing exercise like walking. He is starting to go back to bad habits mainly with food. He buy pizzas and desserts, for my sibling and I. When we haven't asked him to buy it.

We've spoken to him so many times about his health and our worries, but he won't listen. I've contacted my GP as well as charities but still they don't help. He doesn't want help for his health or mental health, it's all of a waste of time for him.

In a weird way I think he is self harming himself I think he wants to be ill for again to get attention. He boasted about his 2nd heart attack, yet he doesn't give a f*** who he's hurting the most.

My mum died of cancer almost 2yrs now! she told me it wasn't her choice to go. Yet my dad isn't doing anything, my sibling and I always encourage him. We've even cooked healthier meals for him, We've really tried our best. When mum was here she told my dad exactly the same thing about his health...He just thought of it as a joke

I gonna be orphaned before I'm 30 and it's f****ing scary. I have no friends, no stable work because of an accident. My life is a nightmare. I don't know what to do anymore!!! I'm so lonely because nobody will help

Please please be kind I still love my dad to bits

Do you have any advice
Thank you
Jmonay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can tell you love your dad . I can say be patient with your dad don’t force him to . You and siblings live the healthy life style and that will encourage him and pray for him often .
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
would you be able to contact the GP? explaining you are very worried about his health. They could refer him for counselling or interventions for his health. I’m sorry you’re going through this. Please know it’s not your fault and all you can do is your best. Tell him you love him and care for him and explain how this is making you feel
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
As previously said maybe start taking up these good habits yourself, it may encourage him to do the same either that or have a stern conversation and don't hold back from your feelings. He may be suffering still whether from the loss of your mother or something else there is some reason behind this. Maybe if he doesn't change ask about it or just make it clear how its affecting you.
SammysBunnies
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm so sorry to hear this about your father. I feel so sorry for you! xx

You really seem to love your father a lot. Maybe ask him why he's doing this? Does he do this out of habit or does he do it whilst he's in a bad mood? xx

I'm really sorry to hear he isn't recieving the help that he needs. I strongly believe that you can't help someone who doesn't want to help themselves. This is difficult to accept but if he's not wanting the help then there is nothing you yourself can do. You may need to just talk to him in private and have a serious chat about this and if he still doesn't change then get him the help he needs. See if it's possible to send him to rehabilitation. xx

That's just not cool, he may be su***al or depressed, make sure you get him psychiatric evaluated just in case it's a severe MH issue. xx

I'm so sorry to hear this, if you need anyone I'm here for you! He seems immature and acts like serious things are jokes and this is not cool. I would suggest to have a serious talk with a GP before things get out of hand. xx

I'll be praying for you and your family! You are loved! xx

xxx
Last edited by SammysBunnies; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.44%
Uncertainty around my education (61)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (64)
12.01%
Lack of purpose or motivation (70)
13.13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (29)
5.44%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (24)
4.5%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.69%
Financial worries (33)
6.19%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.75%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.81%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (54)
10.13%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (44)
8.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed