I need tips for exam stress and anxiety :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey there, I have my mocks next week and I can’t help but feel really scared because one week is so little and everything is becoming so overwhelming.

I have really bad anxiety and get negative thoughts such as “what if i fail my mocks and my school won’t allow me to continue to year 13”. I regret not having the motivation to revise a lot more. I need help to think more positively and believe that I am capable of passing my mocks.

Could anyone offer me tips on dealing with exam stress and anxiety?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey there, I have my mocks next week and I can’t help but feel really scared because one week is so little and everything is becoming so overwhelming.

I have really bad anxiety and get negative thoughts such as “what if i fail my mocks and my school won’t allow me to continue to year 13”. I regret not having the motivation to revise a lot more. I need help to think more positively and believe that I am capable of passing my mocks.

hi!! i know exactly how you feel i would stress over my mocks but i would never get any revision done :/ the best thing to do is not overthink and relax. maybe watch some videos/read a revision guide on topics you know you struggle with. in the end, it is just a mock tests and won’t define your life. in my mocks, myself and a lot of others failed or got low marks. i only got a c and d but due to the virus these ended up being the grades they considered when decided my real a-level results. sorry i’m giving so much info buy i wanted to show even though i did bad and those grades were used in consideration , i managed to still get into my 1st uni choice for psychology as they looked at class work too so if you’re showing your capable there, you’ll be fine. i know i can’t say for sure as i don’t know how difficult your subjects are, but exams aren’t as bad as we think. just try to think it’s like you’re in a lesson and just completing questions in a booklet. if you don’t do as well, remember you can always change that for your next assessment. everything will be fine in the end. to make myself less stressed, i just think after all this is just a mock exam what’s the reason to her so stressed over it that it makes me feel upset, right? anyways sorry for such a long message but you’ll be fine and good luck for your mocks
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I was really scared for my mocks too, and my school did them in April, and I only had two weeks of revision.

Look at how much time you have left, and how much you have left to do. Schedule your time so you can cover everything. You will find it much harder to be stressed when your brain knows so long as you stick to your schedule there is no physical way you can do badly.

I went from BBB to A*AB predicted grades. I'm not crazy smart, I just worked my arse off and did a lot of past papers. Remember that you'll have more tests in September, and you can always speak with your teachers about how to improve. This is possible, you just need to schedule your time. Stress is a way of saying you don't feel prepared. You will be worried, but less worried when you've prepared properly.

Stress will not go away until either you tackle what makes you stressed, or these exams have passed. You will, however, be more stressed later if you get bad grades. The only way this goes away is if you work. One week is a colossal amount of time. Don't say it's too soon and you have no time. If you work for six hours a day like I did ( that's less than one school day ) for seven days, you'll get 42 hours of work. Additionally, I'm assuming not all of your exams are on the same day, so you have even more time. I used Pomodoro.

Start working now, it'll save you a world of pain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (53)
6.11%
Uncertainty around my education (98)
11.3%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (91)
10.5%
Lack of purpose or motivation (106)
12.23%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (42)
4.84%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (46)
5.31%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (97)
11.19%
Financial worries (60)
6.92%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (55)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
2.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (84)
9.69%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (70)
8.07%

Watched Threads