What's the difference between cell membrane and cell surface membrane?

Watch
sweetescobar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I mean, what is it? By the way, I am new to A level bio, so have mercy on me is this is teh dumbest question you have ever seen...
maxknows888
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I believe the cell membrane has layers like the dermis of the skin. So I believe the cell surface membrane is exactly like. I didn’t Google, just tried to use mi common sense but Google is great for questions lololol

Try to imagine it like a balloon (the cell membrane) the outside of the balloon that you can touch is the outer or cell surface membrane and the inside of the blown up balloon that would house the rest of the cells is the inner membrane layer. Hope this makes sense
Last edited by maxknows888; 1 month ago
SammysBunnies
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good thing you asked, I looveeee bio my favourite!! xx

Well in shortttt :
The cell membrane is a thin outside membrane that seperates the inside of the cells from the outside which ultimately preserves the cell from its enviorment. The cell surface membrane separates the interior and outisde inhabits. xx
Last edited by SammysBunnies; 1 month ago
sweetescobar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So its just the outside layer of the membrane. Are there structures and cells present on it? And just to confirm, there are membrane in it, and cells in them...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads