The Student Room Group

Does everyone cheat?

I was having a conversation with my family and they said that usually everyone cheats in marriages and that’s just what it is.

Is this true?
No.
no.
No.
Na
Original post by Anonymous
I was having a conversation with my family and they said that usually everyone cheats in marriages and that’s just what it is.

Is this true?

A marriage is basically a legally binding contract. Have you never heard what words they use while becoming husband and wife. Sorry, but what sort of family is this thinking it is normal you baboon?
Reply 6
Original post by Nobalitude
A marriage is basically a legally binding contract. Have you never heard what words they use while becoming husband and wife. Sorry, but what sort of family is this thinking it is normal you baboon?

My family aren’t the kind to get married. So they aren’t. But they were talking about the men and women around where I live are married and often sleep with other people. Makes me believe that marriage is treated as nothing
Original post by Anonymous
My family aren’t the kind to get married. So they aren’t. But they were talking about the men and women around where I live are married and often sleep with other people. Makes me believe that marriage is treated as nothing

Look mate, marriage is marriage and without marriage, there would be no marriage so therefore it is not normal for people in a marriage to cheat on each other because that's not how it works.
No. The people saying that are cheats themselves and are looking for some excuse to justify their behaviour.
A lot of people do. I still wouldn't say it's normal. I certainly wouldn't say that everyone does it.
Nope. xx
I would never cheat on someone
Here's the results of a USA survery from 2017. One big unknowable is how many people lied on this survey. So that I think it would be reasonable to add a few percen onto these figures:

Source: https://ifstudies.org/blog/who-cheats-more-the-demographics-of-cheating-in-america

Even after taking into account the liars, I think it's clear that cheating in American marriages is not certain and it's not the norm. There are however a significant proportion of people that do cheat in marriages.

UK and USA culture are similar enough that the UK figures should be broadly similar on this.

Quick Reply