Help me memorise quran

Watch
I-cba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m 16 and I barely know the last para of the Quran ( very embarrassing and is one of my biggest insecurities) I try to memorise but it is very difficult for me. To learn one line it takes me 20minutes and I can barely merge it with another line I dunno what to do as sometime I’m reading for 2/3 hrs straight and barely memorise half a page and it makes me cry so I make dua to Allah I dunno what to do I make dua and try very hard can somebody help me

I’m born a Muslim which makes me feel even worse
Last edited by I-cba; 1 month ago
SubhanF
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
learning the Quran is by no means easy it takes a lot of effort and time and can take many years , try asking someone at your local mosque how they did it and any tips they can give
I-cba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SubhanF)
learning the Quran is by no means easy it takes a lot of effort and time and can take many years , try asking someone at your local mosque how they did it and any tips they can give
I have an Arabic teacher but the words come into my mind and leave I keep it inside it’s like the is something physical in my brain blocking it
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Some people are just better at memorising. Everyone learns a bit differently. You can have a look at revision and memory techniques to help improve over time. This can be applied to any written works.
RubiesandPearls
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Firstly, don’t be embarrassed. There are a lot of people that are Muslim-born and do not know the last juz of the Quran 16 and above. It is never too late to learn. There are stories of people who became hafiz at 80!

Secondly, the Prophet PBUH said “for the one who recited with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will get twice its reward,” (narrated in Sahih Bukhari) meaning that if you struggle, you get more reward for it. It is okay to struggle and make mistakes, that is part of learning.

Thirdly, you can make dua at whatever time you feel like. There is no wrong or right way to do it. Always make dua to Allah to increase your memory. I pray that you build a closer relationship with Allah and the Quran in the future.
Mr.Nameless
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by I-cba)
I’m 16 and I barely know the last para of the Quran ( very embarrassing and is one of my biggest insecurities) I try to memorise but it is very difficult for me. To learn one line it takes me 20minutes and I can barely merge it with another line I dunno what to do as sometime I’m reading for 2/3 hrs straight and barely memorise half a page and it makes me cry so I make dua to Allah I dunno what to do I make dua and try very hard can somebody help me

I’m born a Muslim which makes me feel even worse
Firstly,
You make Dua so wait for the it to be accepted.
Imam Ash Shafiee said a beautiful statement,

Do you make fun of Dua and belittle it
And you don't know what dua has done
The arrows of night don't miss but
They have a time and every time has an end

So don't worry about it. Just know Allah will accept your Dua when the right time comes.
Also, see how you're doing you Dua. Don't hasten and focus.

Its not embarrassing for you to know only the Last Juz of Quran because there are so many Muslims out there who don't even know that!
They barely know a few Surah.

Thank Allah that you have the realisation and the yearn to know more.

As for the time, Don't worry about it.
I have friends who memorised in 2 months,
2 years, 3 years and I wanted to follow their path too. They had all left the school to memorise so I thought of the same but then my teacher told me to do something new to set an example.
He told me to carry on with the school and score good grades at school and in the evening memorise the Qur'an.
If I'm able to do it, I'll be able to show others that its very easy to memorise Qur'an if you're focused, work hard and have the proper guidance.
I did it! Alhamdulillah... it took 4 years. My grades at school weren't affected!

I was difficult in the beginning but I was determined to complete.

Don't set any limits that you've got to finish in these many years or this much per day. You'll fail horribly.

FYI, I know those who memorised at 60 years of age too.

Happy to be PMed if you wanna know more.
Satori Tendō
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You'll be surprised how much listening helps with memorisation. Pick a one surah every week, (preferably start from the last Juz with the shortest) and listen to it several times a day everyday whilst looking at the words and repeat it out loud.

Once the sound becomes familiar and you can read it from the page fluently, start to memorise it only then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.65%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (90)
32.97%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (33)
12.09%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.13%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed