username5701862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know that Stirling and Aberystwyth are super green, got any more?
If the university is near the beach like Aberystwyth, then that's a plus.
Last edited by username5701862; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean 'lots of green space'?
Look at Nottingham, Keele, Exeter and Stirling - or any out-of-town Campus Uni like Bath, UEA, Sussex etc.
username5701862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Do you mean 'lots of green space'?
Look at Nottingham, Keele, Exeter and Stirling - or any out-of-town Campus Uni like Bath, UEA, Sussex etc.
Thank you!
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Oceanwater. Just thought I would tell you a bit about Keele and why it fits the profile of being a university with a lot of green spaces.

Keele is a campus university located in the Staffordshire countryside. Keele is one of the biggest campuses in the UK due to the woods surrounding the centre of campus. An area frequented by students on campus is Keele Hall. Keele Hall is located about a five minute walk from the centre of campus and is on the lovely Italian gardens. These gardens get quite busy during the spring/summer with most students having picnics and bbqs. Located down the hill from Keele Hall, are the Keele woods. These woods host a number of lakes and a range of species of trees. The woods are one of my favorite places to go when I feel a bit stressed or feel like I need some exercise!

Apart from the woods, the centre of campus itself hosts a number of trees, including a collection of flowering blossoms with about 240 different species of blossoms! The campus looks so beautiful with a variety of flowers in full blossom during the spring/summer! Furthermore, most of our halls of accommodation also consist of certain green spaces, where students tend to have bbqs or just lay around in the sun!

I personally think Keele is such a beautiful place and all the outdoor spaces have been so great to spend time with friends and soak up some sun! Especially in the past two years.
I hope this helps! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise