How can I convince my teachers to allow re-sits for PPE/Mocks

Watch
Irresponsible
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I just got my PPE grades back that'll be used for my predicted grades and I know I can do way better than what I got I did really really really really really bad on it cuz I was unprepared, I really wanna do medicine but these grades won't get me even at the lowest entry requirements. So is there anyway I could convince my teachers specifically the head of science to allow re-sits
shak21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you tried appealing? Loads of teachers in our school say a majority of people who apply, get the grades they need if they need it for a specific course they want to do. It would save you from resitting too.
Irresponsible
Rep:
?
(Original post by shak21)
Have you tried appealing? Loads of teachers in our school say a majority of people who apply, get the grades they need if they need it for a specific course they want to do. It would save you from resitting too.
Appealing won't help cuz my grades are that bad that's why I want to re-sit😔
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Irresponsible)
Appealing won't help cuz my grades are that bad that's why I want to re-sit😔
Probably not - why should they give themselves more work just because you were unprepared? They either have to go to the trouble of finding a new exam, supervising it and then marking it - or they do the same with the exam you've already taken and the results won't be valid. Your mock grades don't have to be your predictions. If you put in maximum effort from now then they may increase your predicted grades as these won't go to UCAS until the Autumn.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it's school policy not to allow resits then there's no convincing to be done.

Your best approach would be to speak to the relevant teacher, "I was disappointed with my performance here, what can I do to strengthen my predicted grade?".
shak21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Worst comes to worst you could take a gap year and ensure you get the grades you need in your real a levels and could use them to apply in the autumn 2022
Irresponsible
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Probably not - why should they give themselves more work just because you were unprepared? They either have to go to the trouble of finding a new exam, supervising it and then marking it - or they do the same wtith the exam you've already taken and the results won't be valid. Your mock grades don't have to be your predictions. If you put in maximum effort from now then they may increase your predicted grades as these won't go to UCAS until the Autumn.
Your absolutely right about this. I was able to convince my chemistry teacher so I have a re-sit on Thursday which I am now preparing for
shak21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Irresponsible)
Your absolutely right about this. I was able to convince my chemistry teacher so I have a re-sit on Thursday which I am now preparing for
Good luck ! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads