The Student Room Group

Passing driving test in 2 months

I am yet to order my provisional, I’m 17 I’ll probably do it when I get home if my mum is in a good mood to pay for it - I’m wondering can I start revising theory before the provisional licence comes in like a week or so and then I’m thinking of doing intensive driving lessons (8hours a day) is this smart? I wanna pass as soon as I can
8 hour of driving a day? That is a lot, even 2 hour lessons were intense for me tbh. I think you should spread it out more.
Reply 2
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
I am yet to order my provisional, I’m 17 I’ll probably do it when I get home if my mum is in a good mood to pay for it - I’m wondering can I start revising theory before the provisional licence comes in like a week or so and then I’m thinking of doing intensive driving lessons (8hours a day) is this smart? I wanna pass as soon as I can

Absolutely no chance. There's a massive backlog of tests, and driving lessons are borderline impossible to book right now.
You can start revising for your theory now, but only sit it if you feel ready to. Otherwise you're chucking £23 down the drain. Don't do it quickly just so you can pass quickly.
8 hours a day is a lot, and driving lessons are hard to get - my instructor isn't taking any new students on until September. Getting a test slot will be hard as well, I have mates who have been waiting months to get a test.
Reply 4
Yet again sorry to be the bearer of bad news but 24 week waiting list, 470,000 people waiting for the test. Be very lucky to get lessons too.
Original post by IWMTom
Absolutely no chance. There's a massive backlog of tests, and driving lessons are borderline impossible to book right now.

Damn, okay should I just casually revise theory then and not book the acc test yet - or leave it entirely
Original post by TheDE
Yet again sorry to be the bearer of bad news but 24 week waiting list, 470,000 people waiting for the test. Be very lucky to get lessons too.

Oh it’s okay. Thanks for ur reply tho, theres not really a rush considering I’m only in year 12
Original post by ReviseSleeping
You can start revising for your theory now, but only sit it if you feel ready to. Otherwise you're chucking £23 down the drain. Don't do it quickly just so you can pass quickly.
8 hours a day is a lot, and driving lessons are hard to get - my instructor isn't taking any new students on until September. Getting a test slot will be hard as well, I have mates who have been waiting months to get a test.

Thank you so much ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest