stronkshib
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I’m a year 12 student currently studying a btec in sports and exercise science and have re realised my passion for physics and am looking to enter via a foundation year. I’m looking at (in order) York, Aberystwyth, Swansea, Surrey and Kent. If anyone has experience with physics foundation years/ these unis I’m all ears also any advice Is welcome
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stronkshib)
Hello, I’m a year 12 student currently studying a btec in sports and exercise science and have re realised my passion for physics and am looking to enter via a foundation year. I’m looking at (in order) York, Aberystwyth, Swansea, Surrey and Kent. If anyone has experience with physics foundation years/ these unis I’m all ears also any advice Is welcome
Hi there

It's great to hear you're looking at Surrey for physics!! I am a second year Psychology student, so please feel free to ask me anything about Surrey and hopefully I can help you out!

Becca
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi stronkshib,

I have just finished by 3rd year here at Aberystwyth and I have really enjoyed it here!

Aberystwyth is a great place to be a student, there is a great feel to the town and there is always plenty to do and see. The University has a very friendly and welcoming feel and has even been named Welsh University of the Year for 2020 in The Sunday Times Good University Guide.

The Department of Physics here at Aberystwyth offers a range of courses following the foundation year in Physics: BSc Astrophysics, BENG Engineering Physics, BSc Mathematical and Theoretical Physics, BSc Physics, BSc Physics with Planetary and Space Physics and BSc Space Science and Robotics. There are also options to do a joint honours, year in industry or an integrated masters, more information can be found here.

Looking at the modules offered at each university is a really good way of comparing the courses to see which may interest you more. This is something I did when comparing universities when I applied and helped me make my decision. It may also be worth looking at how each course is assessed, to compare which style of assessment may suit the way you work best. Rankings are useful to look at, but it is also important to think about how the course is suited to your interests and future career goals and the skills you will get from the course. Also looking to see if the courses are accredited may also be useful in comparing courses. Many of these courses here at Aberystwyth are accredited by the IOP (Institute of Physics).

Please let me know if you have any other questions, happy to help!

Rebecca 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (29)
29.9%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
10.31%
No I am happy with my choice (52)
53.61%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.19%

Watched Threads