Has anyone ever had a positive experience with dating apps?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As above,
For context I am a female looking for a female.
Anonymous #1
Dating apps other than TSR obviously, I know sometimes people can find this site confusing.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah! I found the person who's now my ex on PoF. Obviously it didn't work out but that wasn't the dating site's fault. PoF is kind of a mess and there are a lot of fake profiles but it's quite workable once you know what you're looking at. I'm a guy and she's a woman for context.

Also TSR isn't a dating site. (I can't tell if you were being sarcastic with that.)
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Yeah! I found the person who's now my ex on PoF. Obviously it didn't work out but that wasn't the dating site's fault. PoF is kind of a mess and there are a lot of fake profiles but it's quite workable once you know what you're looking at. I'm a guy and she's a woman for context.

Also TSR isn't a dating site. (I can't tell if you were being sarcastic with that.)
Thanks for your response.

Maybe my post would have benefited from inverted commas, to confirm, yes I was being sarcastic.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks for your response.

Maybe my post would have benefited from inverted commas, to confirm, yes I was being sarcastic.
No worries Text is hard to parse sometimes.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've been on a handful of dates with people from dating apps/sites, but they fizzled out pretty quickly. I think there's a lot of luck involved to find someone on your wavelength, and someone whose online persona is the same as their real personality.
Last edited by PhoenixFortune; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some coworkers & friends have met their partners on badoo, bumble or hinge.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The 2 of my children currently in long term relationships (3 years plus) both found their girlfriends on Tinder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.7%
Excited but a bit nervous (148)
45.4%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.66%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.25%

Watched Threads