?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaO3JJwxE88
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How much do you weigh? What's your age and height? How much are you looking to lose? What's your current training and nutrition plan like (if you are currently on a plan)? We need some details before we can give advice. For a simple question like yours, all we can say is burn more calories than you eat.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
*Lose. Learn to spell first.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
*Lose. Learn to spell first.
Must be fun at parties lmao how bout u get a life first before giving unsolicited advice 😹
Lily00
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
fat is reduced only when there is a calorie deficit. And it doesn't matter where you get your calories from. You can eat only chocolate every day, but if there is a shortage of calories, you will lose weight. BUT. Nutrition is not only about weight, but also about your health. Nutrition should be balanced so that your body works properly and you feel good. Of course, you do not need to limit yourself to food. If you sometimes want to eat something sweet, you can eat a little. Nothing bad will happen.
micholate9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm afraid there is no easy way. You have to manage your diet and exercise. There are loads of calculators online that will tell you how many calories you should be eating per day based on your age, weight and how much you want to lose. Apps like my fitness pal let you scan in barcodes of food packets to record calories and nutrition. I'd recommend trying that to track your intake.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lily00)
fat is reduced only when there is a calorie deficit. And it doesn't matter where you get your calories from. You can eat only chocolate every day, but if there is a shortage of calories, you will lose weight. BUT. Nutrition is not only about weight, but also about your health. Nutrition should be balanced so that your body works properly and you feel good. Of course, you do not need to limit yourself to food. If you sometimes want to eat something sweet, you can eat a little. Nothing bad will happen.
Thank you for this!! I had an ED previously and this was the perfect advice
PilgrimOfTruth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any suggestions would make my day xx
How to lose weight . .

First stop thinking about weight, forget your weight it's the wrong focus

Second re-prioritise your life and be resolved to live a healthy life. Health trumps weight every time

Live a healthy life, eat good foods, reject bad foods, drink good drinks, reject bad drinks, get plenty of sunlight

The weight then drops off naturally as a by-product of that good health. Your body knows what to do and how to do it.
You just have to give it the time and space to do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (94)
11.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (85)
10.33%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.64%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.86%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.47%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (90)
10.94%
Financial worries (57)
6.93%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (38)
4.62%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.32%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.04%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (80)
9.72%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
7.9%

Watched Threads