Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A classmate asked if I wanted to go to the chip shop (as romantic as boys in my school can get) and as he was quite good-looking and could do heaps better than me, I assumed he was joking. I told him to not 'take the piss' and he got upset. Turned out that he was serious, and I was mortified.
I apologised, but he was still visibly upset. I regret what I did now, as I actually quite like him and would have liked to go out with him. Any way I can still end up with him?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
Yeah you apologised for the confusion so what's the problem here? If he's mature enough it should be fine.

Chip shop, eh? Classy. :lol:
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah lol just ask him out yourself this time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
how old are you and him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah you apologised for the confusion so what's the problem here? If he's mature enough it should be fine.
It just makes me feel awkward, especially as I must have looked like to be mocking the idea of going out with him
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
how old are you and him
I'm fourteen, he's fifteen, but we're in the same year at school
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how old are you and him
After school chip shop is a classic staple of British adolescence so I would guess we’re talking 15-16 years old here.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OP, apologise again but explain the reason: that you thought he was far too peng for you. That backhanded compliment could sweeten him up for your next chippy date.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Yeah just compliment him and be straight up and say u didn’t think he was serious and then you got yourself a chance go get em girl
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
OP, apologise again but explain the reason: that you thought he was far too peng for you. That backhanded compliment could sweeten him up for your next chippy date.
Whether intentional or not, this post is hilarious lol. Peng and chippy date. :lol:
Anonymous #1
After school chip shop is a classic staple of British adolescence so I would guess we’re talking 15-16 years old here.
correct lol
Anonymous #1
I wish I could be as straightforward as some of the people on TSR are telling me to be. I sort of implied that he was fit, by going 'I didn't think someone like you would actually be serious'
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wish I could be as straightforward as some of the people on TSR are telling me to be. I sort of implied that he was fit, by going 'I didn't think someone like you would actually be serious'
OK well maybe why don’t you ask him on a chippy date??
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That doesn't imply anything lol. It's more likely to be taken as an insult.

Just ask him if he still wants to go to the chip shop next time you see him.
Last edited by Chicken.M.; 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apologize over social media to clear the air and show that you misunderstood him. Love me some chip shop lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (33)
30%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.09%
No I am happy with my choice (60)
54.55%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads