Zstearns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey everyone,

Soon-to-be psych postgrad looking into town accommodation! I am unsure where to look at and who to trust in this process... Is anyone looking to share accommodation in town? Or is campus best? Any advice is welcomed
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Zstearns)
Hey everyone,

Soon-to-be psych postgrad looking into town accommodation! I am unsure where to look at and who to trust in this process... Is anyone looking to share accommodation in town? Or is campus best? Any advice is welcomed
Hi there!!

It's great to here you're soon to be a psych postgrad!! I am a second year Psychology student going into my placement year . Hopefully I can be of some help for you!!

Have you started to look at renting in Guildford? Sometimes renting can be a bit more expensive than university accommodation, so i think it depends on your needs and your finances etc!! and as long as you manage your money, loan etc then you should be able to rent from a private landlord

If you're looking at accommodation on campus there is different accommodation bands that range from cheapest (A) to the more expensive band F. When you apply for accommodation you can put down your preference on what band you would like and that way can choose a room depending on the finances you have. Although the preferences aren't guaranteed there isn't much price difference between lower priced bands compared to higher bands. Please see this link for more information and prices: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/accommodation.

I went through the university to find my home from second year as the university managed some properties. This was a bit cheaper than renting from a landlord and the deposit was only £250. Unfortunately the university managed properties will not be running from this year however they can help you in terms of looking at contracts, supporting you when looking for accommodation, things like that.

If you are wanting to live outside of the university for example in town, have you joined university facebook groups? Some people post spare rooms on there and therefore you may be able to find accommodation that way!!

Please let me know if you have any questions & I hope this helped

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (348)
83.86%
No (67)
16.14%

Watched Threads