sammy718
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,
Just curious if anyone has recently passed selection whether it be OASC or regular and how long it was after they found out they’d passed until they got their start date and how long away that start date is. Don’t want to know specific dates just a timescale.
Cheers
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sammy718)
Hi all,
Just curious if anyone has recently passed selection whether it be OASC or regular and how long it was after they found out they’d passed until they got their start date and how long away that start date is. Don’t want to know specific dates just a timescale.
Cheers
It'll vary massively and won't be helpful to you at all.

Intake dates are (in theory, at least) dictated by the start date of phase 2 training, as the intention would be to give you the minimum wait possible between phase 1 and phase 2.

No answer you get here will help your query.
sammy718
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Drewski)
It'll vary massively and won't be helpful to you at all.

Intake dates are (in theory, at least) dictated by the start date of phase 2 training, as the intention would be to give you the minimum wait possible between phase 1 and phase 2.

No answer you get here will help your query.
I’m aware of that thank you, I know some job roles are priority and some are restricted on numbers and that effects it, again I’m just curious. No intention on taking it as an indication of a representative timescale for my start date.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sammy718)
I’m aware of that thank you, I know some job roles are priority and some are restricted on numbers and that effects it, again I’m just curious. No intention on taking it as an indication of a representative timescale for my start date.
Well, for mine (a long time ago :moon: )... I passed OASC in Jan, started IOT end of August.
esideshowbob
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it helps, I had my OASC in May on a Wednesday and got a message on the Friday morning to say I'd passed and accepted pending medical. I've just recently had that but now waiting to be loaded onto an IOT course starting early 2022. I was told that the reason behind having to wait so long is because of phase 2 training. There are currently a lot of holding officers waiting phase 2 and for the armed forces, paying people that are not able to do their job yet doesn't make economic sense, hence the wait. I'm Air Ops Control which you'd think they would be screaming at me to start but if there isn't the course for me after phase 1, then I may as well wait.
It'll be different for everyone so just hold on and you'll get the messages eventually.
Gezzam27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by esideshowbob)
If it helps, I had my OASC in May on a Wednesday and got a message on the Friday morning to say I'd passed and accepted pending medical. I've just recently had that but now waiting to be loaded onto an IOT course starting early 2022. I was told that the reason behind having to wait so long is because of phase 2 training. There are currently a lot of holding officers waiting phase 2 and for the armed forces, paying people that are not able to do their job yet doesn't make economic sense, hence the wait. I'm Air Ops Control which you'd think they would be screaming at me to start but if there isn't the course for me after phase 1, then I may as well wait.
It'll be different for everyone so just hold on and you'll get the messages eventually.
Yeah I’ve got a pretty long wait too. My OASC was in Dec, put in the sift and got provisional offer in Feb but don’t start until 2022. Good amount of time to get life and maybe some holiday sorted before I start!
AscendingWings
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know people who have had successful applications recently completing OASC between December and now and given IOT dates within the last two months. Their IOT dates vary, some university students have dates for a few years time and are now on the bursary scheme and people not in university starting later this year. Rest assured knowing that the process is moving.
Last edited by AscendingWings; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
34.48%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (16)
55.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (1)
3.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise