Pro life or Pro Choice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok, so could you answer both these questions:
Are you pro life or pro choice?
Do you believe the foetus counts as a living being?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro choice
No
fellowweebhere
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro choice
Also no
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t identify in either camp. I do think a fetus is a living thing, but does that mean it’s entitled to human rights? Not necessarily.

For me its a question of when does a baby become a baby not wether its in a womb or not.

Ive taken the opinion that once a baby has cognition it should be considered entitled to human rights (this is at about 23 weeks).

I do still think in general abortion is a very very poor solution and people should endeavor to find a better option but I don’t think anyone takes such a decision lightly.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
I don’t identify in either camp. I do think a fetus is a living thing, but does that mean it’s entitled to human rights? Not necessarily.

For me its a question of when does a baby become a baby not wether its in a womb or not.

Ive taken the opinion that once a baby has cognition it should be considered entitled to human rights (this is at about 23 weeks).

I do still think in general abortion is a very very poor solution and people should endeavor to find a better option but I don’t think anyone takes such a decision lightly.
so overall which one are you?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so overall which one are you?
I don’t identify with either camp as I just said
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro life
Yes.
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Politically pro-choice. Personally, I lean towards thinking that killing humans is always unacceptable.

Foetuses are objectively living beings. No question about it.

Edit: Born in '02
Last edited by Theloniouss; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mnot)
I don’t identify with either camp as I just said
oh, sorry.
Anonymous #1
Also, those born after the year 2000, if you don't mind, could you say so.
Jaz._bg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro-choice for sure I don't understand why people think they have any right to stop a woman from doing what she wants with her own body.
And no I don't think they are living beings
Last edited by Jaz._bg; 1 month ago
PhoenixRose338
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Also, those born after the year 2000, if you don't mind, could you say so.
Pro choice 100%
Pro life people seem more like pro-baby to me. They seem to forget about the mother, who actually has a sustainable life.
I do think, however, that abortion should only be done if necessary: rape, health issues, detrimental to mothers/family's health (mental or physical).
MiriCumberbatch6
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro-choice 100% it's a woman's right to decide whether she wants to have a baby or not not a bunch of men in the government.
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah this old TSR classic. Anyone would think this is an American site.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
Ah this old TSR classic. Anyone would think this is an American site.
would you like to share your view on the topic?
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MiriCumberbatch6)
Pro-choice 100% it's a woman's right to decide whether she wants to have a baby or not not a bunch of men in the government.
Fun fact: men and women have very similar views on abortion and pretending that this is a men vs women issue is blatant propaganda.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
Fun fact: men and women have very similar views on abortion and pretending that this is a men vs women issue is blatant propaganda.
except that in each individual case, it only matters what that one woman thinks and wants
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
except that in each individual case, it only matters what that one woman thinks and wants
In the UK at the moment, that is true for the first 24 weeks of pregnancy.
Last edited by Theloniouss; 1 month ago
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pro-choice, but to a certain extent. I think abortions should be legal for pregnancies that are up to 6 weeks. I've always found it odd how some women would have an abortion when they're 8 months pregnant. I feel as though at that point in the pregnancy, it's no longer an abortion. It's just going through labour and then killing a baby. Besides, is it really that difficult to wait for another month and just give the baby up for adoption? Of course, all the points I have made are only towards women who get an abortion by choice. I'm not referring to women who have to have an abortion due to medical reasons such as eclampsia
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Theloniouss)
this is very true; I've just been researching, because people have been telling me that its mainly men who are pro life, but turns out its equal.

(Original post by black tea)
well, i guess in a way its also the man's child, but i suppose the woman feels the pain...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
15.38%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
21.15%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.69%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
15.38%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.69%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
30.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads