Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how competitive Durham is for psychology?
    &
    What subjects you need to have to get an offer of ABB from royal holloway?

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about psychology at Durham or applied psychology at Queens Campus?

Psychology at Durham is very competitive. It's not a large department so that never helps. They don't have the same GCSE requirement than history do ("high number of A*s) but they will look at your GCSE results.

ReputationRep:
    Im talking about psychology at Durham.
    Never mind, i'll just have to wait and see what happens.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't think Royal Holloway's offers are subject dependant - 3 years ago I got a ABB offer with Psychology, English Lit, Law and Drama. Durham was the only one of mine (all top 20 unis) I got rejected from so quite competitive probably!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    4 years ago when I applied, my offer for Royal Holloway was AAB including PE, or ABB excluding PE for some strange reason...

ReputationRep:
    RHUL wise: I think on the open day, the admissions tutor said that it's likely to be ABB if your subjects are all considered academic (a science usually helps, I think), and AAB if you've got something like theatre studies or PE in there...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to revive the thread....But I was thinking of the applied psychology degree on queens campus, is it still as highly regarded as straight Psychology from Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P_Ben21)
    Sorry to revive the thread....But I was thinking of the applied psychology degree on queens campus, is it still as highly regarded as straight Psychology from Durham?
    It's still BPS accredited (I think) and you'll still get a "University of Durham" degree in the end. So, yes. Whether the teaching matches or not I can't comment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2008

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.