HollieMckrill
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m starting uni in September , anyone know and have experience with a good student bank. What perks they have etc
Hellllpppp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.savethestudent.org/money...-accounts.html
This is the guide my college suggested we use.

I’m waiting to see if any good offers come up for HSBC as when my brother went for their student bank account he got a free £100 plus they have a student credit card.

Santander looks good as it has the railcard as a freebie, overdraft and cash back on purchases.
Fifi5
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
https://www.savethestudent.org/money...-accounts.html
This is the guide my college suggested we use.

I’m waiting to see if any good offers come up for HSBC as when my brother went for their student bank account he got a free £100 plus they have a student credit card.

Santander looks good as it has the railcard as a freebie, overdraft and cash back on purchases.
I'm also looking into HSBC since they seem to have a pretty good student credit card but a lot of the reviews aren't so great
Last edited by Fifi5; 1 month ago
Hellllpppp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fifi5)
I'm also looking into HSBC since they seem to have a pretty good student credit card but a lot of the reviews aren't so great
Where are you looking at reviews?? I didn’t even think bank accounts could be reviewed :doh:
Fifi5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
honestly just looking at a lot of websites and i saw a lot of bad reviews on trustpilot. people complained about bad customer service, and inability to access accounts, etc.
but other websites like savethestudent give good overviews on it
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fifi5)
honestly just looking at a lot of websites and i saw a lot of bad reviews on trustpilot. people complained about bad customer service, and inability to access accounts, etc.
but other websites like savethestudent give good overviews on it
If you look at most banks on Trustpilot they will also have mostly bad reviews. It has to be viewed in context.
Fifi5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RedGiant)
If you look at most banks on Trustpilot they will also have mostly bad reviews. It has to be viewed in context.
ahh thanks, that puts things in better perspective
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads