Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in James College block M en suite 33 weeks. Shared kitchen between 6 people.

I want to know if anyone wants to swap rooms, know of any rooms or know if somebody is moving out. Reason is my dept is a bit far away.

The room just has to be en suite and above ground floor preferably, but id check out ground floor room if there is one.

Contract length can be 33 or 38 weeks not too fussed.

My preference of colleges is Alcuin, Vanbrugh followed by Langwith.

Thanks, do tell me if anything comes up please.

Im willing to pay some money for your troubles as well.

ReputationRep:
    Which department is it?

I'll take a guess from the colleges you've listed. If it's Chemistry, fair enough, your lectures and labs will be up there. If it's Computer Science, being in Alcuin would just put you far further away from most of your lectures.

Have you spoken to the college tutors about it? Dan and Yannis should be able to help, even if it's only to alleviate any difficulties you may be having with being so far from your classes. Their contact details, along with the rest of the welfare team, are on the notice board.

Right now you're unlikely to find a spare room due to the "accommodation crisis" (*sigh* ) and certainly won't be a priority for the accommodation office. If you've got a particular reason such as mobility or a particular required sleep pattern (medical, religious, whatever), then they will likely be more sympathetic, but I'm not sure how much they could do at the moment.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I was in the furthest part of Alcuin and still managed to get to my Psychology lectures on time... It's not that big a deal, it's only a small campus!

And think about next year - you will almost certainly have a fair walk to get to your department, it's something you'll have to get used to (for me it was 20mins in second year, 25 in third)

ReputationRep:
    He's doing Econ, Jawad, I'm in Vanbrugh and most of my lectures are in Derwent and Langwith so think your self lucky.

Just got back from AAA btw

ReputationRep:
    Mazza, you're such a lightweight. I came back just now.

I'm disappointed with you. Shame on you.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I've heard there's a vacant room on the ground floor of Alcuin block....F, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balth)
    Mazza, you're such a lightweight. I came back just now.

I'm disappointed with you. Shame on you.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I've heard there's a vacant room on the ground floor of Alcuin block....F, I think.
    Haha, I bet I had more to drink though

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing economics , and most of our lectures are all over the place. It looks like only statisitcs modules is actually in alcuin .

ReputationRep:
    No symphthy, try having your lectures in the Kings Manor while living in Derwent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cullmac)
    No symphthy, try having your lectures in the Kings Manor while living in Derwent.
    Or for that matter, try living off campus, which is the only option at many other universities and is what you'll be doing next year. Good luck with that!

ReputationRep:
    I'll swap with you, it's only a 1.4 mile walk to campus

ReputationRep:
    Try living in Halifax, with a course with lectures in pretty much every other college..

Though tbh, I don't mind 'cos I love my accommodation. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay okay, take it easy on the lad, my economics lectures have been in Vanbrugh so far. Where's B/B/02?

ReputationRep:
    Biology building

Basically, from the main bit of Vanburgh, head away from Derwent, and you should hit it. Go through, and then it will open up on the left, go down there, and then B/B/002 and B/B/006 are on your right...it will make more sense when you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slugonamission)
    Biology building

Basically, from the main bit of Vanburgh, head away from Derwent, and you should hit it. Go through, and then it will open up on the left, go down there, and then B/B/002 and B/B/006 are on your right...it will make more sense when you go
    Awesome I'm in Donald Barron so it's next door.

ReputationRep:
    Jawaaaaaaaaaaaad!

ReputationRep:
    Get a bike

ReputationRep:
    Lets try and help the guy, folks. Perhaps he has other reasons for moving that he didn't want to state.

Tbh, I don't know of any spare rooms. I'm off campus now so I'm kinda out of the loop. I can have a word with the Langwith team if you still want to move?

ReputationRep:
    There's a room in my house in Halifax, the rooms are the biggest on campus and the walk isn't as far as people make it out to be!

ReputationRep:
    he lives in alcuin now!!

ReputationRep:
    He lives on the same floor as me in Alcuin now.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.