robbiesimons11
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
whats the best way to track everything including research and just general notes and progress?
sumayaaa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i didn’t do this but i think a diary is a great way to keep track of progress. My friends had an excel sheet where they had columns in the table for a date, what they hoped to achieve during the lesson or period they did the epq that day, what they actually achieved, what they’ll do next time and what they learnt. Idk i think it’s something like that but I used a gantt chart which i found confusing (idk how to describe what it is so you’re better off searching it up). Ive also heard of a PERTT chart being used but again, i’m not sure since i didn’t use it. .

You could even create a website or “blog” if you’re really creative. But only problem is, it’ll show the actual dates that you’ve done whatever you’ve done, so if you do end up doing all your work in the last week but date it back in a previous month, they’ll know😭 (that sounds confusing)

In terms of evaluating sources, I did it on a literature review (so had to note down the author, date created, type of source, whether it was reliable and why, whether it was valid and why). It’d be good to ensure you know the meaning of reliable and valid so you know what to look for. You could even use the CRAAP/CAARP method.

Sorry i feel like i went on, hope this is somewhat helpful. good luck!!! my biggest regret for EPQ was that i didn’t KEEP UP WITH THE WORK. I ended up doing a lot of my work all in the week it was due which was NOT a good time😭
robbiesimons11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sumayaaa)
i didn’t do this but i think a diary is a great way to keep track of progress. My friends had an excel sheet where they had columns in the table for a date, what they hoped to achieve during the lesson or period they did the epq that day, what they actually achieved, what they’ll do next time and what they learnt. Idk i think it’s something like that but I used a gantt chart which i found confusing (idk how to describe what it is so you’re better off searching it up). Ive also heard of a PERTT chart being used but again, i’m not sure since i didn’t use it. .

You could even create a website or “blog” if you’re really creative. But only problem is, it’ll show the actual dates that you’ve done whatever you’ve done, so if you do end up doing all your work in the last week but date it back in a previous month, they’ll know😭 (that sounds confusing)

In terms of evaluating sources, I did it on a literature review (so had to note down the author, date created, type of source, whether it was reliable and why, whether it was valid and why). It’d be good to ensure you know the meaning of reliable and valid so you know what to look for. You could even use the CRAAP/CAARP method.

Sorry i feel like i went on, hope this is somewhat helpful. good luck!!! my biggest regret for EPQ was that i didn’t KEEP UP WITH THE WORK. I ended up doing a lot of my work all in the week it was due which was NOT a good time😭
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.85%
Uncertainty around my education (93)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (84)
10.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (104)
12.68%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.88%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.49%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (90)
10.98%
Financial worries (57)
6.95%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (38)
4.63%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.05%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (79)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (65)
7.93%

Watched Threads