The Student Room Group

Close friend- Cancer

One of my closest friends has been diagnosed with cancer and i know everyone is gonna say “be there for him” and **** like that and i know i need to be there for him i’m not silly but i’ve already lost a friend to death before and it was heartbreak so knowing my friend may or may not die is literally eating me up inside! I haven’t seen him in a while since i left year 12 at my old school because corona got in the way and i’m too scared to go near him just incase i give him something which makes him ill ect you know so i’m really struggling as well as that but it’s all getting really overwhelming. And I don’t talk to people about my problems so this was the best thing i could think of x
hi i’m so sorry you and your friend are going through this. Try and spend time with them at a distance with masks on and get tested beforehand so this limits the chance of you giving them anything. Ask them how they are often and remind them that you are there for them. If they want to talk about treatment or death then try to qs best as u can. But remember to look after your own mental health. If it gets too much you need to have a break for yourself. Ask them if there is anything you can do/ give them or go to any appointments with them.
Please make time for yourself and don’t feel guilty about it. Just have to be there for them and listen when they are wanting to talk. That’s all you can do.
I wish the both of u the best of luck and hopefully your friend undergoes treatment and it is successful x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending