Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    My Wi-Fi connection keep disconneting (on both laptops), have tried every setting, changed broadcast channels etc. But the connection keeps resetting every 10 mins or so. Been doing it for bout 6 months now.

Any Ideas/Solutions?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    What router have you got?

Also where is it sitting? Is there plenty of air flow around - they can over heat pretty easily.

How far away from the router are you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's a D Link DSL router - but the same problem ocurred with the previous router, a Belkin.
    It's situated under a desk, but have moved it around, making no difference - also I am using my laptop in the room directly below the router.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Routers usually work best on the lower floor of the house. Try turning your antenna downwards (towards the lower floor)

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.