The Student Room Group

My gf won’t put her ex on child support ?

Currently in a 6 month old relationship with a woman who has a two year old from a previous relationship.

My girlfriend gets on Facebook and bashed her ex at least once a day. Talks about his mother.

She says she hates him and she regrets him and she’s embarrassed she even dated him

My girlfriends ex is a dead beat father. He does nothing for their son. I help her out with some things for their baby but in two months he hasn’t even came to see their son.

My girlfriend will bash him all day long but won’t put him on child support
why won’t my girlfriend just put him on child support instead on constantly bashing him
Reply 1
child support is robbery
Reply 2
Original post by makjack
child support is robbery

are you stupid? pay for the child you help make otherwise wear a damn rubber ffs
Reply 3
Original post by Allie4
are you stupid? pay for the child you help make otherwise wear a damn rubber ffs

Get an abortion
Reply 4
Original post by makjack
Get an abortion

oops the man can't choose to and now has to pay the woman a ton of money
Leave her she sounds a broken mess that can't be fixed
Reply 6
Original post by makjack
oops the man can't choose to and now has to pay the woman a ton of money

ha the man is always the one telling her to keep his child.
Reply 7
Original post by Allie4
ha the man is always the one telling her to keep his child.

said nobody ever, and doesn't mean she has to. If she wants to keep it then he has to.
I’d say to have a talk with your girlfriend and let her know where you stand with this whole situation. Then you let her know how it’s making you feel and advice her that bashing her ex won’t do anything at all like literally. She should get child support if she feels the need to.
They sound kind of as bad as each other tbh.

I make a point of keeping women who literally screech about their ex and family all day on Facebook the hell out of my life.
Reply 10
Original post by makjack
said nobody ever, and doesn't mean she has to. If she wants to keep it then he has to.

try paying attention. men are always the one convincing their pregnant partner to keep the baby. just because you wouldn't doesn't mean you speak for the majority
Original post by Allie4
try paying attention. men are always the one convincing their pregnant partner to keep the baby. just because you wouldn't doesn't mean you speak for the majority

Just because he wants her too doesn't mean she has to. can't you read? She doesn't HAVE TO. She can back out, no matter what the man says. But if the man doesn't want the baby and she does he better be prepared to pay child support. Atleast from OP's gf there's still some people who get it.
Reply 12
Original post by makjack
Just because he wants her too doesn't mean she has to. can't you read? She doesn't HAVE TO. She can back out, no matter what the man says. But if the man doesn't want the baby and she does he better be prepared to pay child support. Atleast from OP's gf there's still some people who get it.

so you make zero effort to ensure that you don't get the woman pregnant but somehow its her fault for having the baby? typical cop out response. wear a ****ing condom and take some responsibility for once in your life.
Original post by Allie4
so you make zero effort to ensure that you don't get the woman pregnant but somehow its her fault for having the baby? typical cop out response. wear a ****ing condom and take some responsibility for once in your life.

What about the girls who say they're on the pill so purposely sue the man for child support and make money.
Original post by Allie4

Tbf makjack has a point, many women make zero effort to ensure they don't get pregnant and they can just have an abortion. A lot of men get no say in having a baby but are then made to pay for it for the next 18 years, and sometimes aren't even given access to the child despite paying child support. If women can have the choice not to have a baby then men should get that choice too.

Quick Reply

Latest