The Student Room Group

PGCE application

I know it's quite late but it's taken me this long to get some form of experience. I'm wondering if I can still apply and gain a place for September based on the experience I have.

I have just worked in a secondary school for 5 weeks as a cover supervisor (2 of those days I worked 1:1 as an LSA). I have also done 2 days as a cover in another school and have worked with three pupils as an LSA in another. In November I shadowed two English teachers (1 per day) over two days and got to watch English being taught at different levels.
Original post by ArabellaMarie8
I know it's quite late but it's taken me this long to get some form of experience. I'm wondering if I can still apply and gain a place for September based on the experience I have.

I have just worked in a secondary school for 5 weeks as a cover supervisor (2 of those days I worked 1:1 as an LSA). I have also done 2 days as a cover in another school and have worked with three pupils as an LSA in another. In November I shadowed two English teachers (1 per day) over two days and got to watch English being taught at different levels.

For secondary English, I would think there would be places still available. I would contact unis prior to applying to confirm they still have spaces, but some definitely will. The experience you have is more than many people will have, so go for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending