JJames0001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I have a question.
Because of the epidemic, no one took their GCSE in 2020 but i want to resit GCSE because I am not satisfied with my GCSE results at the moment. Will I have the chance to resit my GCSEs in November 2021.
If I can retake it in 2021, How do i do it?
Thank you
Last edited by JJames0001; 1 month ago
MarcusTaBezt699
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I assume you're in Year 12 then and in Sixth Form/College? If so then there is no real point, it will just overlap with your Year 13 exams and cause you additional pressure from revision.
I would ask a teacher or contact your old secondary school if you still wish to take them but once again, I strongly advise against it.
Ahm_201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJames0001)
Hi guys, I have a question.
Because of the epidemic, no one took their GCSE in 2020 but i want to resit GCSE because I am not satisfied with my GCSE results at the moment. Will I have the chance to resit my GCSEs in November 2021.
If I can retake it in 2021, How do i do it?
Thank you
Search online for centres/colleges that allow retakes/take private canditates. You still have time to apply for resitting your gcses in Nov2021. If you are in your college contact your college first.
Here is a link to find private centres that accept private students: https://www.jcq.org.uk/private-candidates-summer-2021/
Quick note: Private centres are not free and will charge you a fee (it depends on the subject but I think I got quoted £50 when I enquired).

Hope that helped and good luck
i_play_chopin14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was told that given the uncertainty of the pandemic I may have had to take half of my GCSE's in May and the other half in November. Therefore I am certain that you can resit the exams if you are not happy with your results. To do it I think you would need to contact someone within your school such as your head of year to find out more. Also if you took the GCSE's in May/ June 2020 then the chance to resit them would have been November 2020 as you are now well into your A-levels.
Ahm_201
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahm_201)
Search online for centres/colleges that allow retakes/take private canditates. You still have time to apply for resitting your gcses in Nov2021. If you are in your college contact your college first.
Here is a link to find private centres that accept private students: https://www.jcq.org.uk/private-candidates-summer-2021/
Quick note: Private centres are not free and will charge you a fee (it depends on the subject but I think I got quoted £50 when I enquired).

Hope that helped and good luck
P.S. I would recommend sitting your exams on November as you would have the entire summer to revise and it shouldn't overlap with your A-level revision/test
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
29.06%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.4%
No I am happy with my choice (64)
54.7%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
6.84%

Watched Threads